• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM-based touch recovery

I have put together a touch recovery that I am now testing functionality on.So far it will backup and restore and touch seems to be working. Flash with dd on emulator or adb.
I used the recovery from the warp2 and tweaked it til it worked.
update:3/27/13
both images work
the attached download does not have access to usb mass storage
but has both sdcards recognized

the dropbox link is the opposite of above

terminal emulator instructions:
unzip and put on sdcard, name it whatever you like but remember the name
open terminal emulator and enter su, if prompted allow root permssion
enter:
dd if=/sdcard/"whatever-you-named-the-image-without-the-quotes".img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

enjoy

update:
this is link to updated recovery
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50339543/touch-recovery2.zip

mount usb mass storage is working on my end on 3 diff os, but
it no longer recognizes the internal sdcard (i.e. sdcard2)
backups and restore go straight to the external sdcard (i.e. sdcard)
I'm leaving the other link up in case you prefer that one and don't care about usb mass storage in recovery

btw - I'm not a developer nor do I claim to be
I don't care if you link to this post or if you make improvements/changes to recovery
nor do I care about receiving credit. although thanks are appreciated/ not necessary

I just like to share what I've learned with like minded individuals
stay groovy yall and share the knowledge:D

PLEASE HELP
Why when I try to use terminal emulator it says after I press enter acesss denied I am currently on shabbys cwm but want to try this one

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter as long as you type the path out so it knows where to get the .img from
Example:
File name - 1. img in Downloads folder

Path - /sdcard/Downloads/1.img

Also check for typos

I have a problem it says this when I press enter: app_70@android:/ $ su
latform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <
/sdcard/touch6030.img: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
1|root@android:/ #

Upvote 0
I have a problem it says this when I press enter: app_70@android:/ $ su
latform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <
/sdcard/touch6030.img: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
1|root@android:/ #

Yea, what i did was went into root explorer right after i downloaded the zip, then i extracted it then went immediately to terminal emulator to flash the recovery

Upvote 0
Yea, what i did was went into root explorer right after i downloaded the zip, then i extracted it then went immediately to terminal emulator to flash the recovery

Check the file name and path that you typed and compare to where the file is
It has to match exactly
If its on your internal storage the path would be /Device/ "your-file-name-without-quotes"
Instead of /sdcard/blah-blah-you-know

Reactions: androidboy15
Upvote 0
right on for the touch recovery.when i use terminal emulator,per ur instructions,i keep gettin CANNOT OPEN FOR READ;NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY,im still learning,this is a first for me.im sure its sumthin simple.success eludes me.if anyone knows what im doing wrong,or any input,pls help me learn this.ive soft bricked my phone twice&rooted it 3x,all with info from this form.ty much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones