CWM-based touch recovery

1. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

.....upload a stock recovery?

No promises but I'll take a whack. This phone is similar to mine so I'm curious.
    Or an fstab or info from the init.rc.

Edit: verified working. use at your risk
    directions in zip

force-touch-recovery.zip

Advertisement
  2. jerryag

jerryag Well-Known Member

This phone looks identical to our ZTE Avid 4G. I believe they could use your touch recovery successfully.

Our phone specs are 100% identical other than a slight demension difference in size regarding lenght.

ZTE Force 4G
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3940

ZTE Avid 4G
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3990
    ZTE Avid processor is incorrectly added here, it's really 1.5ghz same exact processor as the ZTE Force

So I would suggest they just give your CWM a shot.
    http://androidforums.com/avid-4g-all-things-root/702537-working-touch-recovery.html

If things are identical then there is no reason our root shouldn't work for them as well, huh?
  3. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

they have root with that method. I was curious about the fstab.
  4. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

EDIT:
    For the Sake of *** When you install the Custom Recovery, Immediately create a Backup file(Nandroid) with the Custom Recovery! Please!! That is the purpose of a custom recovery.

Works :)
    I did a nand and a restore and seems to work great. Lookin forward to more developement on this phone. Glad I could help
    Thanks totlth
  5. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

6. sonicbluemustang

I guess I was spoiled with my old optimus and only 300mb Nandroids. My nans on my Force are well over a gig. Wont have to many of those lying around, now will we.

It seems that some ppl are having problems opening the readme file so here is a paste of it;
    this is a modified recovery to work on your phone ZTE Force.
    flash at your own risk.
    Instructions

unzip and take recovery.img and put it on the root of your sdcard

adb shell

open a terminal
    type : adb shell
    hit enter
    type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    hit enter
    when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
    hit enter

terminal emulator

open terminal
    type: su
    hit enter
    allow root to terminal
    type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    hit enter
    when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
    hit enter
  7. wilfredojr978

wilfredojr978 Well-Known Member

actually real easy way to do it get fastboot load the recovery into teh fastboot folder.load up a command prompt from that folder or just change directory if needed and from there just get into fastboot then type FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY RECOVERY.IMG
  8. wilfredojr978

wilfredojr978 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone jsut wanted to share on how to load up a custom recovery such as cwm to your zte force phone.

Pretty straight forward load up your do a adb reboot bootloader .from there fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

then reboot .and your all set .
  9. sonicbluemustang

You didnt post a link to it.?.

on another note I stress how important a custom recovery is. I soft bricked my phone today using an app from the market. Needless to say that my Nandroid saved the day.
    LilBit and dadcup like this.
  10. sonicbluemustang

I should state some warning to newbs that Never Do a Factory Reset from with in the phone after a Custom Recovery has been installed only wipe your data from within the recovery.
  11. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Threads merged.:D
  12. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Dude Guide

Confirmed,Works for me.
    I know the value of having a recovery mode on my phone.Old phones custom rom freaked out after resetting it,Glad I had a recovery mode on it.
    Thanks guys.
  13. deathscharm13

deathscharm13 Well-Known Member

i wasnt able to get this to work maybe someone could help me better understand what im doing wrong
  14. deathscharm13

[​IMG]

this is error i get when i try to install cwm recovery image
  15. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

Just copy the recovery file to your sd card and install it from terminal on your android. It's easier and for sure to work. I think I couldn't get abd to work either so I think it's why I just used the terminal emulator.
  16. deathscharm13

oh that sucks because my phone wont boot up lol oh well i guess its dead now i will be sending back to zte for replacement.
  17. kire13162

kire13162 New Member

I recently installed the recovery, but whenever I boot into recovery mode the screen is black and is unresponsive. If I remove the battery and do a regular boot, it boots into android perfectly fine. Any suggestions on getting this to work?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it working. My SD has a bad sector and needed to be installed from the internal nand.
  18. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

You can push recovery from adb
    First go in ftm mode then in windows type cmd from start run then in cmd find were you have adb folder in there put recovery ones you there a have recovery.IMG in the folder in cmd type adb push recovery.img sdcard/recovery.img then you can use dd command to flash from sdcard

this is to put recovery in your sdcard
    Then you can flash with dd command if you have any questions let me know
  19. deathscharm13

i wish this was available before i sent it back to zte for replacement :( my phone is my work line so i have to be available and it can take 10 days to receive my phone back :(..so i bought a galaxy nexus with Verizon with extended battery for $100 from guy that just upgraded to galaxy 4.and good lord they have a lot of people working on it. they have a toolkit that does everything automated ...root,recovery,unlock/lock boot loader,anything you can imagine. i wish we had that type support on boost devices.
  20. sonicbluemustang

If the phone is/was already dead or wont boot, then this should have been mentioned in the beginning maybe.
  21. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

HahahahahahHa....that's all I got to say about that.....
  22. deathscharm13

23. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

24. sonicbluemustang

25. tegezee

tegezee Member

This works great, the only thing needed is a driver when your in recovery to mount mass storage... Thanks man