• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM beta WORKING!

wait you can get touch from basic cm10.1 source? i thought that was reserved only for official builds with the custom koush flag

ah i see now, gesture based control. and its only available in cm10.2+ so that wont help me. but yea this one works for the most part, if someone wants to take it from here be my guest

Upvote 0
I tried this adding..
BOARD_RECOVERY_SWIPE := true

compiled it with junkie given source..

make clobber
git clone https://github.com/junkie2100/android_device_zte_quantum/blob/master/BoardConfig.mk

. build/envsetup.sh
lunch cm_quantum-debug
make recoveryimage

In mid it asked for quantum_defconfig .. which i did renamed msm8960_quantum_defconfig to quantum_defconfig
It takes 1hrs to build.. It created recovery..

but But it got crashed in recovery..

anything wrong i do??

Reactions: aidenlee01
Upvote 0
Hello,

I am using 10.1 cm base. I have cloned your complete quantum folder. :D

As it get compiled sucessfully, i guess no issues with kernel link.but maybe i can wrong.. . and it takes exactly 1 hours to generate recovery.img. does it takes same time for you??? or less???

with prebuild kernel zimage it takes 4 to 5 mins to build recovery.img..

I am on ubuntu 12.04 LTS installed via wubi .. windows installer..

though before starting build i get 2 errors..

Checking build tools versions...
You are attempting to build with an unsupported version
of java.

Your version is: java version "1.7.0_17".
The correct version is: Java SE 1.6 or 1.7.

and also src folder not found.. rest all things go smooth..

I get i should again start it from scratch???

Upvote 0
I did two things after junkie CWM release..
I flashed supreme system.img on my vital..

It absolutely worked fine.. no change at all, It worked like i have flashed vital system.img.
Then i did restore with nandroid backup, it works 100% :D

I tried to port with android kitchen but some error after flashing status 0.

Upvote 0
LOL btw, whats your paypal email?. pm me please.. Just curious ..

also, I tried to build from scratch it worked. I used your kernel zimage.. rather then source..

I tried that shabby touch thing, but it ain't worked..

before it was issues with make otatools i guess.. btw, what the the possibilites i can do with this device? I mean can i port cm 10.2 or kitkat by downloading sources sync? or that a hard part???

Upvote 0
sadly though i appreciate the thought, my paypal wont allow me to accept money of any kind. they want a bank account attached to it, and i dont have a bank account... so the money just sits there and eventually reverts back to the donator. tried it before, really pissed me off lol

anyway, ill give you the rundown but i cant give you specifics on how difficult any varying cm will be because ive never built a working cm for a 3.4 zte kernel before

the possibilities are technically endless, if you can make it work. the extent of the kernel hacking necessary to make kitkat work right though is unknown. most companies use proprietary commands and variables for things, what samsung calls AAAA zte might call AAAB or AAAA_ZTE and sony might call AAAC etc. and then there are variances in the way things are called, samsung might use 2x2=4 while zte uses 1+1+1+1=4 and sony uses 2+2=4, which can confuse android at times. the main issue is going to be kernel headers, also called includes, signified with a .h file extension. those are pieces pulled from the kernel at build time, that tell android necessary values for things like framebuffer, which keeps stuff from overlapping and making the screen act stupid and jumpy. in essence getting the screen size... but its slightly more complex than that

the easiest one to build is probably going to be cm10-10.1 but i could be wrong, they work better on older devices with lower end adrenos, have different setups for things like storage, and every time android changes the things needed from those header files change slightly, or sometimes dramatically, meaning the headers need to be manually updated to build right

also cm11(kitkat) has started to use all this selinux crap i have yet to deal with, so i cant say for sure its going to be the most horrible experience of your life trying to upgrade the kernel for compatibility, but i would assume it will be no picnic

Upvote 0
yea, you gotta watch out though, cm10.1 had display issues on the force, needed a legacy graphics mod to be made to the cm source itself, check out my githubs aurora repo it should have the modification in question in the readme

cm10 will have its own issues, untill cm10.1 they didnt have the wcnss stuff built in... so the wifi will not build right

the wifi thing has to be hacked in, the display thing is probably fixed with kernel adjustments but thats not something i really know how to do. i leave the kernels to other people, i know the basics of putting together a device tree, i know common bugs, i know ramdisks pretty well, and i have pretty good problem solving skills though i tend to think im better than i actually am lol. youre gonna have some work ahead of you to say the least, there is no other device quite like it, the other 8960s have 3.0 kernels, and the 3.4 kernel devices are all 8930s, similar but not the same and we still havent managed to get cm working right on it. plus i havent really been even working on it due to my device being out for service... i think they lost it to be honest, may never see it again. but i digress, you are free to join us on *** it should be the same basic thing as the devices we are working on, just might need some minor tweaks for the slightly different chipsets

Upvote 0
Oh. I will join it. Btw, i already tried to fork your aurora :D . Tried with some properities files and extract.sh and pull the files as per that list. I tried to compile cm10, but it throws me some error so i stopped will try later. Manifest, blobs i need to setup again.. I wasn't aware that 8960 shit.. damm..

Upvote 0
yea its probably best if you just do an adb push to cache, then move it from there, or even do an adb push to sd it doesnt really matter. whichever one is the external tho, sdcard1 or sdcard0 that is what youre gonna wanna use. i thought it was using the external if its inserted though, you sure /sdcard isnt symlinked to the external?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones