[CWM] Development Thread

Last Updated: 2013-04-06 06:56:45
  1. kcurtis106

kcurtis106 Well-Known Member

I'm sill encountering the same issue. After successfully flashing CWM to /dev/block/mmcblk0p16, it seems to reinstall the stock recovery (as mentioned above). I have tried everything from pulling the battery after the flash, to removing /system/bin/recovery.

With device in normal operating mode:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16

Booting to FTM mode, without mounting /sdcard:
    dd if=/data/local/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16

Both methods return success, however, the stock recovery always returns to ruin the moment! Thoughts, anyone?

Advertisement
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

ofcourse we know the bootloader has an issue here, i had to deal with this when i had a transform ultra, we need another file to flash along with the CWM in Odin that disables its ability to re flash, im sorry im not technical, i know the steps i just dont KNOW the depth.
  3. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

We don't have ODIN here :( I believe that is only Samsung....
  4. nailgun

nailgun New Member

I installed the ROM Toolbox app and changed the boot screen animation and now my phone is bricked. It just freezes once it gets to the new animation. I went into Recovery Utility by pressing Power + Volume Up and wiped the data/factory reset and wiped cache partition.

I still have the same problem where my phone doesn't load up past the boot animation. Before the wipe it would freeze at the image of the new animation, now it just goes black. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Can I use this recovery file or the one in the other thread in anyway?

Thanks.
  5. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

You messed up bud..this recovery img is only for recovery and you also wiped data/factory reset, cache partition ... so that's like wiping the phone to install a rom... right now your phone is clean (meaning no rom on it)... and bud you should have waited until there was a unbrick guide before Modding your phone ..... best choice is a replacement ;)
    nailgun likes this.
  6. nailgun

nailgun New Member

That's what I figured. Thanks again!

Edit: Any possibility of getting a rom back on there without clockworkmod in the future? Even the stock? Or is it completely dead?
  7. Killah1994

Completely dead because we still can't get CWM to boot so that means no backups ... and to answer the other question about getting the stock rom onto the device without CWM (that would be the purpose of the unbrick guide) ...;)
    nailgun likes this.
  8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

use root remove that and then flash cwm
    Killah1994, twogbsd and spanky0323 like this.
  9. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

so.....has anyone tried what shabbydude said to do
  10. Killah1994

Anybody tried this yet ;)
  11. spanky0323

spanky0323 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this would work if someone would try. As I asked shabbypenguin to build a cwm For us but he doesn't want to step on no one's toes. So he helped out. I would try this but don't have the knowledge of doing so.
  12. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

13. dharp1996

I was gonna get this phone if it got a working cwm because it has a bigger screen than the motion....but the work on the motion looks like it it getting progress and the lg spirit looks pretty good too so I might get one of those......
  14. Killah1994

Not to go off topic but get the spirit ;)
  15. twogbsd

16. clubanger96

clubanger96 Well-Known Member

whens the release date for the spirit and how much will it be an also will it be gingerbread or ics or jb
  17. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Release date was last week. It's $269 with a $70 mail in rebate. It comes with ICS.
  18. dharp1996

okay...has someone tried the cwm yet....my friend is wiggin out
  19. twogbsd

Yes, but it gets replaced with stock recovery...

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO WHAT SHABBYPENGUIN SAID!!!
  20. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

you know, if someone could build a new rom for this phone, if we can even get CWM for a little bit we could flash the new rom and not even worry about the recovery right?
    Because the new rom would have a different structure?
  21. twogbsd

If someone could get me a device tree I would make CM10 for you guys...
  22. clubanger96

clubanger96 Well-Known Member

how can you get or make a device tree
  23. twogbsd

BobZ would know... I'll ask him ;)
  24. dharp1996

Thats what I meant....when he said to do it I thought somebody would be all over that....but the only activity I saw was a couple crickets runnin around :p