[CWM] Development Thread

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Well no offense to him, but he is misinformed on that. Recovery could careless about which platform you're running as long as the partitions match up. ;)

Advertisement
  2. PlayfulGod

Someone give this a test run please.
  3. andriodadmirer

andriodadmirer Well-Known Member

Can i test this with my phone? and how
  4. PlayfulGod

I just have to ask, what script you rewriting, and for what compilers, and where the hell you learn such nonsense?
  5. andriodadmirer

Hey playfulgod i tried 4or5 browers is there a way you can go to the site download the acual recovery.img file upload it here and i'll flash it i am not near a pc and my other browsers aren't working could you do that please
  6. PlayfulGod

the img is going to be the same no matter where I upload it. I can upload it to goo.im and you can dl it thru the goo manager.

http://tinyw.in/7HYa

Size: 5.06 MB
    MD5: 19aa0afb0b541316f253f4820a50e4e2
    nthaniel likes this.
  7. nthaniel

nthaniel Well-Known Member

PlayfulGod, you have no idea how grateful I am that you're working on this!
  8. andriodadmirer

Ok i finally flashed it installed the flash image binary first then,installed recovery.img file it said it installed but got into recovery it said" bad boot message j
  9. keefer2k4

keefer2k4 Well-Known Member

tried it...it pops up recovery mode...then it just boots up as normal...it doesn't go into any recovery
  10. PlayfulGod

11. keefer2k4

12. keefer2k4

its a no go...it goes into recovery mode then it says "recovery mode" then it boots into normal boot...i even went and flashed the normal recovery just to make sure my phone wasn't screwy...normal recovery worked fine....
  13. ahdunno

ahdunno Active Member

Gave it a try as well. Used T Backup to clean davlik cache 1st, then the app for rcvry flash that PG posted (Recovery Flasher from Play Store), then booted to rcvry using Quick Boot. Rec'd bad boot msg J. Then rebooted, powered down, reboot to rcvry, went to stock rcvry.
  14. shahabazas

shahabazas ~*~ Android Addict ~*~

Why dont you use SP Flash Tool or some other tool like AndroPlatina to flash the recovery and haan try to get the ROM dump of your device first by this method

Smartphone Reviews: Creating a ROM dump of your MT65x3 device

so that just in case u need it i know its of MT67*3's but u can try as i had tried it over some other devices too so may be u can get the Stock ROM dump. Here is another link for another procedure

http://androidforums.com/a73-all-things-root/610640-easy-way-backup-ur-rom-rom-dump.html

and hey can anyone post the excat specification of the phone so that i ll be easy to find some stuff from a same specs device.

Glad to see that the devices has the helping support of such big DEVs hope you ll get a breakthrough soon.
    andriodadmirer likes this.
  15. PlayfulGod

I have the stock recovery.img, usually all thats needed to get cwm going. I have the stock boot.img too if I need it.

Its armabi-v7a, omap3.

And new test img:

Size: 5.07 MB
    MD5: 571846ae67c58607239f5ff008388d19
    Link: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading recovery.img
  16. andriodadmirer

Used recovery flasher with this new test it says " bad boot message J" again
  17. ahdunno

ahdunno Active Member

Confirmed... Same here.
  18. PlayfulGod

19. keefer2k4

20. PlayfulGod

erm, something else is up with this device then, that was just a repack of the stock recovery. Some get me a system dump please. a simple adb pull /system will work.
  21. keefer2k4

do you want all the files that get pulled?
    and what is a way to upload them? I'm new to using forums
  22. PlayfulGod

yup want all of /system, just zip em up after you pull em and upload some place and link me.
  23. keefer2k4

its uploading to media fire now
    ahdunno and andriodadmirer like this.
  24. ahdunno

ahdunno Active Member

PM'd PG with link to pull