1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

CWM installed via Odin! Now what?

1. I have just installed CWM on my Admire via Odin and I want to know these things:

1. Whats the best place to get reliable ROMs with good instructions so I don't mess EVERYTHING up? :smokingsomb:

2. Whats the difference between Admire Stock and Stock++? :confused:

3. Can CWM be uninstalled if something happens and I need to return to store? :rolleyes:

4. Can installing a ROM increase 3G speeds? :confused:

5. What are things I shouldn't do with my new found power? :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Diego1593

Diego1593 Well-Known Member

Borachii roms are the best and stock ++ is just faster then stock and idk about unistalling cwm but they won't find out I turn in my brick phone to them and nothing yet its being 4 months now when I send my brick phone and to me I think monster roms increase my internet alot ! By 150 too 1000 kbs
  3. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

Most roms have pretty good instructions but I personally prefer monster 5.3 with paris's ics theme...but thats just me....just flash a couple roms and decide which one is best for you....:D
  4. Diego1593

5. Your towers were probably upgraded by the time you flashed stock++ or.. :rolleyes:
  6. Diego1593

No not really my friend did speed test with me at the same spot and he got around 100 kps download
  7. his prl wasnt updated.
  8. So... after reading your replys, I think I'll go with Monster 5.3 with Paris's ICS theme, or ABCindicate's P.U.T.U. 2.2 with Paris's ICS theme... what do you guys think is better/more simple?
  9. Also, I'm nervous so flash req0's CWM because then I wouldn't be able to flash my Nandroid back up because of the way its formatted or something like that?? And I have read that some people can't connect to 3G after flashing req0's CWM and others can't use there camera... So... yeah...
  10. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

I dont really know if itll apply itself after you update cwm...but make a back up then do it.....oh and I know all kinds of people with rooted admires that have no problem with req0's kernal...so just gone head and flash it and see what happenes
  11. Ok, I guess...

I'll try... Let you know how it goes...
  12. Stop being so paranoid, once it flashes you'll learn slowly then it'll be worth the time.
    awesomeofsauce likes this.
  13. Diego1593

you can always go back to stock with odin so thier nothing to be worry about and to get data back just flash stock++
  14. kinda like bottoming for the first time, it hurts but then it gets better and better.
  15. Whats the lightest (in size) ROM? Jw...
  16. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Awesomeofsauce to remove CWM you can just go to this thread, download the zip file and bam! its gone.
    http://androidforums.com/vitality-a...load-stock-recovery-module-cwm-flash-zip.html
    To change CWM 5.2.8 back to 5.2.7 you can go to this thread and in the red lettering is the link to the 5.2.7 zip file. http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/530432-rom-kernel-stock.html

just flash both of them without wiping or formatting anything and that's that.
  17. qandres12

hhmm it seems the file from SuigintouLain's link has been removed but fortunately i still have the zip file download and if you want i could put it on 4shared and PM you the link for it.
  18. Yes please, thank you every much... :)

EDIT: btw, you can call me sauce ;)
  19. Well I did it, I flashed req0's CWM and now I fuqed up my Admire.
    Going to flash Sue's CWM in a minute...

I am starting to hate this "flashing" stuff :pcguru:

EDIT: Flash via Odin ok. restoring now... hopefully that fixes it...

EDIT AGAIN: OMFG I LOVE YOU qandres12!!!! MY ADMIRE LIVES!!! :adore:​
  20. qandres12

lol flashing can be a bit tricky sometimes since there is always the risk of bricking which i actually did last night xD thats 2 1/2 soft brickings for me so far. i also did req's cwm trying to go to stock++ and the cwm worked but stock++ actually messed up stuff and put me in ramdump mode which i understand is when there is too much memory being used up (thats what i read somewhere on here) i was trying to go onto monster 5.3 which I HAD DONE SUCCESSFULLY BEFORE but it didnt work this time. lma it was probably cause i put all the files into my tiny 2gb sd card xD.

odin is good but i hate the yellow triangle and id rather not go through the rouble of removing it even though its pretty easy now. use MetroNoobs stock backup!!
  21. qandres12

oooh also after flashing back to Sue's CWM when you go into it the bottom might say that it cant mount anything.. thats normal just restore a backup you made or Metro's stock backup like it said a few secs ago.
  22. Ok, Now that I know what to do if I mess up again, I'm going to flash req0's CWM again on Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow, going to try to download and flash that Win 7 themed ROM because it only works on CWM 5.0.2.7 :)

WISH MEH LUCK!

:party: :car: :party