1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

CWM Recovery on GB27

1. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

I recently rooted and flashed the stock GB27 onto my device. Now would I have to downgrade to ICS, flash AGAT kernal, then flash back to keep CWM Recovery? Or would I have to use a custom rom to have CWM. Any help would be appreciated. I read that it is possible, but not as easy as just flashing the recovery onto the phone.

In the end I would like CWM recovery on the GB27 build

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

the gb27 agat kernal has a bug that cause apps to disappear. i use mobile odin and a flash kernal then while still in cwm reflash the stock kernal. when source is released that will be done. for now the flash kernal the way.. the repack wont harm your device youll just lose apps. and allow me to welcome you to the forum. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...6890-root-one-stop-shop-roms-kernels-ect.html this is selfs one stop shop it has info and link for you to use enjoy your stay
  3. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

How do I get the stock kernal? And mobile odin is an app right? Thanks for welcoming me. I've been on the forums ever since I got my s2. I just had to make an account to ask this question but I might as well stay active.
  4. kevindroid

5. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

There is not a GB27 repack... earliest is GB08 in the link
  6. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

If you made a backup of stock you can just flash the kernel you made the backup with and hit restore in recovery. If not there are stock roms in the one stop. Don't forget you need to flash a modem other than jb to have 3g on stock
  7. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

I am beyond confused now. I apologize for my stupidity when it comes to this. Is there any way you could write up a few steps for me to follow with exact links to what I need. Righy now im on GB27 and I want CWM
  8. kevindroid

9. Bchaitt

Bchaitt Member

Im going to try this later tonight. Kevin you've been a great help it's just a tad difficult to understand your english... codegerm needs to put all this into lamens terms for me :)
  10. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

11. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member