• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've tried to get it to allow me to put su on my phone but it will NOT allow it. I'm ready to throw this thing out of the window lol.

The error I get is

E: Can't open/tmp/sideload/package.zip (bad) Installation aborted

I get the exact same message when I try to put the cwm on it. Anyone know what the heck I'm doing wrong? ANY help would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

On XDA there are two types of tutorials for this phone.
Zerg - this will only work for older pre 2.3.6 OTA updated phones
If you've got the update on there you need the other rooting method.

I just did this for the latter type (updated) and have the method with lots of instructions.

Thanks a lot man. I know it must be something stupid I'm doing wrong because I see the zip files when I go to flash them but it keeps coming up with that error message. I don't see them all being corrupt so it's got to be something on my end.

Reactions: phillybirds
Upvote 0
emagin, both of them are on the same link that tube517 posted earlier? I just want to thank both of you very much for your response. I knew I was doing something wrong but I didn't know what it was. I'm going to get on it and see which one I need to use. My phone does have the 2.3.6 update (just got it a few days ago) so I'm going to look for the alternative method. Thanks again guys you're awesome.

Upvote 0
Emagin/Tube517 my issue is when I go to put the CWM on the phone I'm getting the same error message.

E: Can't open/tmp/sideload/package.zip (bad) Installation aborted

I know I'm putting on the root of the internal (I took the sd card out just to make sure.) but it's not reading it. Would there be any reason for this? I have an odin from when I fixed an Indulge I'd bought off of some doofus who apparently tried to root it but bricked it ($20 for a $300 phone lol). If I wanted to try that method would I be able to use the same Odin or would I need a new one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones