[CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Well-Known Member Developer

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: Some L70 devices (3 that I know about) have been reported to not boot to recovery with the device powered down, just a heads up for anyone that hasn't tried it. Be sure that your device is able to boot to recovery from power off, if it doesn't then restore your laf partition and you will have to unbrick if you brick instead of restoring a backup. You can find how to restore your laf partition at the bottom of my bootloader guide :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code (Text):
    1. cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code (Text):
    1. cd ~/Downloads
    Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    Code (Text):
    1. su
    Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code (Text):
    1. dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery power off device, power on the device, and wait until it gets to the dim LG logo and try to interrupt the long vibration by pressing volume down a few times, if done correctly, your phone will stop the first boot and start another one that boots you to recovery. Timing is key so it might take a few tries

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :)

Advertisement
  2. biggiephil

biggiephil Well-Known Member Contributor

Works like a charm, thanks Mike! Great work
  3. What if i dont have a computer
    dwnrh85 likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

You need an unlocked bootloader to use this
  5. i got no computer
  6. FluffyFox20

FluffyFox20 Active Member

Yeah, I am without a computer. Is there another way to do this? 3: Biggiephil should have mentioned me.
    mobclan likes this.
  7. MikeHoncho

Then you will have to wait until you have the chance to do this at a computer or can borrow a friends computer, I know it sucks but you need an unlocked bootloader to flash a recovery. The recovery itself can be flashed to the device from the phone but if your bootloader is locked, you will brick
  8. I mean some people dont have a computer to do this and isnt fair can u upload it to rom manager instead or rom installer so we can install cwm i need to do a backup
  9. MikeHoncho

No because your bootloader still has to be unlocked. I know it doesn't seem fair but the way things are getting with LG devices, almost everything involves a computer
    mobclan likes this.
  10. i hope i get to computer today to start flashing roms but thank u im going to a computer spot
  11. JerrysKids

JerrysKids Well-Known Member

biggiephil - are you one of the B guys?
  12. FluffyFox20

FluffyFox20 Active Member

I am an F guy
  13. MikeHoncho

biggiephil is on firmware B, the only thing that we are not sure works on firmware B is the button combo to reboot to recovery. It needs to be figured out by firmware B users
  14. biggiephil

15. biggiephil

I'll play around with some button combos but if any work I will keep y'all updated :)
  16. dwnrh85

dwnrh85 Active Member

You can't use [ROOT] Rashr tool to flash this recovery.img?
    tonylc74 likes this.
  17. MikeHoncho

Never heard of that so I don't know. If it is device specific then probably not because it could have some very device specific paths in there and might flash recovery to the wrong block
  18. justoneguy

justoneguy Well-Known Member

Confirm works on firmware B!!!!
  19. biggiephil

20. justoneguy

justoneguy Well-Known Member

I did it exactly what the instructions said there wasn't any difference... Didn't have my tester on me so I did it on my main phone anyway and everything works flawlessly
  21. dwnrh85

dwnrh85 Active Member

Tested it and it flashed the recovery IMG
    Now just need the button combo to boot into recovery
  22. biggiephil

Glad MikeHoncho and all of us could do this for us L70 users
  23. MikeHoncho

Alright, power off device, power on the device, and wait until it gets to the dim LG logo and try to interrupt the long vibration by pressing volume down a few times, if done correctly, your phone will stop the first boot and start another one that boots you to recovery. Timing is key so it might take a few tries :)
  24. dwnrh85

dwnrh85 Active Member

Works!!!
  25. MikeHoncho