CWR still on phone.

1. iown

iown Well-Known Member

i have just unrooted my phone by downgrading to ZVB and then reupgrading to ZVD and everything checked out good but CWR is still on my phone. how do i remove this?

Advertisement
  2. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Well-Known Member

Find the AIO on the all things root sticky, you need to be rooted, then run the script to remove cwm an install stock recovery, then run the one to unroot.

edit: sorry, wrong one, hold on
  3. iown

iown Well-Known Member

4. V SuperUser V

assuming you are on ZVD, just root, then do the option that removes cwm, then the one that unroots. just make sure no apps you downloaded were converted to system apps with TB, if they were, they convert them into user apps. make sure too you have all the apps that came with the phone
  5. iown

iown Well-Known Member

so would i do option 6 while rooted to take of CWR and unroot?
  6. V SuperUser V

Yes
  7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Once you updated to ZVD do a factory reset and everything will be restored, and the phone also has the stock recovery already on it since you updated it. ;)
  8. iown

iown Well-Known Member

so your way would be, downgrade to ZVB then upgrade to ZVD and that removes root and everything. then i would do a factory reset (inphones settings) and that would also remove the CWR? are you 100% sure?
  9. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

anytime you upgrade it breaks roots and also restores the original phone recovery, just like when zvc came out it broke root and restored everything back to stock. :bike: