• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Cyanmobile Experience. Who wants it ??

Dm47021

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2011
coloma mi
I know its late in the game for this one. Cyanmobile. basicly Jellybean 4.2 rebased on Gingerbread.

Gingerbread.. wtf??

i know everyone wants jb/kk but you havent tasted this gb yet.

anyway. since ive done what hroark deemed impossible, "got ril w 3G on cm7"
i can finish porting it over.

check it out on google and youtube. let me know what you think.

Nice. Building the kernel isn't the hard part. Modifying it and adding new new things without killing wifi. That's what's up

Yea I noticed. I stripped out most of the add-ins you put in (Govs, scheds, etc). I didn't really add anything in, and I'm trying to port over the prima module because it's source is compatible with our chipset/wifi card but it won't compile fully. I'm pretty far into it fixing things here and there and removing things I KNOW our chipset won't use. I just hope it works when it compiles (even with reboots lol cuz thats a start).

Upvote 0
do u have a theory as to why when adding/ updating a kernel wifi is usualy the thing that breaks? it really seems like thats the most difficult to keep working as well just curious

YES, because they are precompiled modules. proprietary, i actually aquired the source to the wifi thorough some channels * cough *cough.. cant speak of it \
but thats why

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones