1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cyano Mod?General

1. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Is anyone working on something like this for our phones? Or another Rom? All the others work great and the OC kernels. Just wondering if we have anything else in the works. one.three is best for me so far

Advertisement
    :
  2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Some have made claims that it will never happen which is sad since that is my de facto ROM
  3. hi5five

hi5five Well-Known Member

I dont see the need for any rom. the stock rom is rock solid.
  4. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

The only thing that can really be improved upon the stock rom, is true init.d support with cache relocation, SD read-ahead and zipalign scripts running on boot... SpeedFreak 2.0 Baby...
  5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

there are many parts of Cyanogen that i miss and make stock ROMs modified or not lacking. there are so many menus that are locked and non-visible in stock ROMs, and apps needed to pull off a good portion of CM7's tricks--which take up space and RAM, and are not nearly as good. for example, i cannot force my phone to ignore 3G and stay in 2G data mode. i can kill data, or use wifi, or use 3G which autoselects between it and 2G if weak--which eats battery. in addition, it takes an app to disable the lock screen or add/remove elements, which eats up valuable (and limited on the Merit/Avail) internal storage. there are also things that REQUIRE the specific scripts of CyanogenMod to work. 2G menu being one of 'em.