• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 is out

Does anyone else have a problem connecting to Bluetooth devices using CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7? I can not connect with my car (2009 Toyota Camry) or my Jabra Halo headphones. I upgraded from 5.0.5 through ROM Manager and did a wipe data. I have tried rebooting the phone. I have had this problem with every build of CyanogenMod after 5.0.5, I would like to keep the 5.0.5.7 but if I can not connect with my car I will have to go back. I drive and hour each way to work and speakerphone just does not cut it.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have a problem connecting to Bluetooth devices using CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7? I can not connect with my car (2009 Toyota Camry) or my Jabra Halo headphones. I upgraded from 5.0.5 through ROM Manager and did a wipe data. I have tried rebooting the phone. I have had this problem with every build of CyanogenMod after 5.0.5, I would like to keep the 5.0.5.7 but if I can not connect with my car I will have to go back. I drive and hour each way to work and speakerphone just does not cut it.

I havent tried it with 5.0.5.7 but my Motorola Bluetooth headset worked fine with 5.0.5.5

Upvote 0
I have a Plantronics 925. It quit working with CM 5.0.5.6. I tried updating to 5.0.5.7 to see if that was fixed. Well, I went into an immediate force close loop on launcher. So reboot into recovery and give thanks to nandroid. This is the second time a CM install has forced me into recovery due to a force close on opening issue. I suppose it will be the last too. After last night I'm back on Ultimate Droid 9.0.0 and bluetooth is working again.

Another issue with Cyanogen is that Google Earth went away with 5.0.5.5. It didn't even show up in the Market. Titanium restore told me install was unsuccessful due to lack of space. Google Earth is back working fine on UD as well. I had assumed there was maybe an update issue or something else with Google as far as Earth was concerned, but the app showed up with the UD restore. It was flat gone with CM installs.

UD also has a fully functional Helix2 as well. I really could care less about the 3-D app display, but I happen to like the extra four buttons at the bottom. I also don't really need 7 screens either. Point is, it all works.

I have no idea why any of this is so, but that is how my phone sorts it out. UD is the clear winner for me. So I will stay with UD untill BB 1.0 shows up. I'll also wait to see what the DroidMod outfit comes up with as well. I have no allegiance to a ROM, but eventually something will surface as best for me. Right now it is UD 9.0.0.

After I saw Google Earth back on UD, I flashed back to CM 5.0.5.6 to see if it was maybe really a Google issue. Earth was not either on the phone, nor did it even show up in the market last night with the CM. I said heck with it and flashed back to UD. The only ROM's I have used have been from Sholes/DroidMod, Cyanogen, and Ultimate Droid. I went back to UD largely because it was in clockwork recovery along with CM.

Upvote 0
I have a Plantronics 925. It quit working with CM 5.0.5.6. I tried updating to 5.0.5.7 to see if that was fixed. Well, I went into an immediate force close loop on launcher. So reboot into recovery and give thanks to nandroid. This is the second time a CM install has forced me into recovery due to a force close on opening issue. I suppose it will be the last too. After last night I'm back on Ultimate Droid 9.0.0 and bluetooth is working again.

Another issue with Cyanogen is that Google Earth went away with 5.0.5.5. It didn't even show up in the Market. Titanium restore told me install was unsuccessful due to lack of space. Google Earth is back working fine on UD as well. I had assumed there was maybe an update issue or something else with Google as far as Earth was concerned, but the app showed up with the UD restore. It was flat gone with CM installs.

UD also has a fully functional Helix2 as well. I really could care less about the 3-D app display, but I happen to like the extra four buttons at the bottom. I also don't really need 7 screens either. Point is, it all works.

I have no idea why any of this is so, but that is how my phone sorts it out. UD is the clear winner for me. So I will stay with UD untill BB 1.0 shows up. I'll also wait to see what the DroidMod outfit comes up with as well. I have no allegiance to a ROM, but eventually something will surface as best for me. Right now it is UD 9.0.0.

After I saw Google Earth back on UD, I flashed back to CM 5.0.5.6 to see if it was maybe really a Google issue. Earth was not either on the phone, nor did it even show up in the market last night with the CM. I said heck with it and flashed back to UD. The only ROM's I have used have been from Sholes/DroidMod, Cyanogen, and Ultimate Droid. I went back to UD largely because it was in clockwork recovery along with CM.

There was no 5.0.5.5 release of Cyanogenmod...he went from .4 to .6 AFAIK.

A couple data points from my experience, FWIW:

- BT has worked fine w/my Jabra headset on 5.0.5.4, .6, and .7 - connects and works w/out issue, haven't tried any other BT devices.

- Google Earth shows in the market for me on 5.0.5.6 and .7 (don't remember looking on .4)

Not sure why the differing results, particularly on Google Earth, but I've had no issues w/those items.

Regarding launcher - HelixLauncher 1.2a (available on the market, same as Helixlauncher2 but no 3D drawer) works great on Cyanogenmod and other ROMs I've used it on...same features (four shortcuts next to app tray tab, up to 7 screens, etc.), but lighter and nimbler than Helixlauncher2, IMHO, a better experience overall.

The FCs at launch are due to changing launcher2 versions in the CM releases and unfortunate incompatibility between Helixlauncher2 and the CM ROM. That has been a bit of a mess for some people...not fun.

Upvote 0
I got into trouble last night with this ROM...for no explicable reason (hadn't changed anything significant) I started rebooting...

Most recent thing I had done was restore a few apps from Titanium Backup (restore apps + data), but it had been maybe an hour since I had done that and hadn't seen any issues. Then I went to check email (push email from exchange sync account) and it showed an empty inbox. Tried to refresh and it remained empty. Went back to home screen and looked at some other things (don't remember what) and then got a spontaneous reboot.

Booted up seemingly normally but a few seconds after unlocking (pattern lock) the phone rebooted again.

For the next five or ten minutes as I tried to use the phone it keep rebooting...pattern was that it would boot up and look normal for a maybe up to a minute or less and then reboot again.

Finally gave up and booted into recovery and wiped cache and restarted.

- Same.

Rebooted into recovery again and restored System from 5.0.5.6 nandroid and restarted.

- Same.

Rebooted into recovery again and restored Boot from 5.0.5.6 nandroid and restarted.

- Fixed. (Interestingly, the kernel in the nandroid I restored from .6 is the same as the kernel I was using on .7, Bekit's 5-slot 1.2GHz.)

So I'm back on 5.0.5.6 for now. Using the same kernel I had in both .6 and .7.

Odd it took restoring the boot image to fix my issues, especially since I restored the same boot image that I was already running...maybe some bits got corrupted somehow.

Haven't seen anything like this before.

Upvote 0
OK, better update my above post. The bluetooth is now not working with UD either. I may flash back to some ROM where I KNOW for sure it was working. But It may well be an issue with the Plantronics.

I really did mean 5.0.5.4. There are some things spell checkers don't check too well :).

I ran some LWP's just to check them out, but while I liked a couple, including Earth Rotation live, they semed to be battery drains, and the ROM's seemed to run better without them, so my Google Earth was with static wallpapers. There were a couple of threads on this issue about, but there was nothing really very useful there.

I do realize the Helix is on the Market and I am very well likely to try the one mentioned. But no more CM 5.0.5.7 untill this is cleared up. Sometimes I think Koush needs to back off the throttle a bit :). Slower can sometimes be faster.

There are things I really do like about CM, and I may wipe data and reflash 5.0.5.4 or 6 just to see. I really don't like to leave stuff hanging. Lord knows the mistake could well have been mine someplace.

ANother point is that my bluetooth did seem to start up about the time I updated the baseband. Connection, or coincidence? Any ideas

Upvote 0
5.0.5.7 is running like a rockstar for me. Was on UD v9.0. But Now 5.0.5.7 is my best setup ever. Cyanogen/kouche always ran poorly for me in previous revisions... but not now. Keep up the good work, and keep whatever changes you made because they rock.

To get my perfect setup I:
1.) Backed-up with titanium (installed app+data, and basic settings only... ie no system apk's).
2.) Installed 5.0.5.7 wiping cache.
3.) Started rom with home (not launcher2), and allowed to sync market apps and contacts.
4.) Restored data for installed apps and app+data for missing apps using titanium.
5.) Set Helix Launcher (1 not 2) as default because I like the speed and persistent buttons.
6.) Installed P3Droid 1200 kernel using rom manager.

Now my system with setcpu 1.5.1a set at 1000mhz (250->600mhz under profiles):
- I run 26 degrees C battery temp normal usage
- I run 18-19 degrees C battery temp during charge or standbye
- I run 30-32 degrees C battery temp during browsing
- I run 35-38 degrees C Playing Games

note: the coolest I used to run on Kouche/Cyanogen with same kernel was 30-35... this is a big big change.

*My linpack MFLOPS numbers are running 8.7->9.8 at 1000mhz and 9.7->10.8 at 1200mhz. No JIT enabled

The battery life is looking to take me to the 1.5 day mark under normal usage with some wifi browsing. This thing is one cool/smooth/fast piece of awesome dipped in gold.

I have backed up my nandroid of this, put the nandroid back-up on my raid5 array, backed it up to a CD as well. I might have to put the CD in a safety deposit box. I will will the CD to my children.

Upvote 0
Dumb question im sure but does this .7 version have the radio update with it or do i need to do it before or after i updated to .7. Running DM 1 for awhile and just realized I am the only one running 2.01. And the last time i tried a Cynogen rom i got a bunch of FC's after so i went back to old dependable.

you will need to do the radio update either before or after

Reactions: jestexman
Upvote 0
Until Helix2 works, I am sitting right at 5.0.5.4.

Looks like helix2 might not work again. The dev who made the app said on xda that he is basically done with it. He did tell cyanogen he could take some of the code and use it though. So we might see some of its functionality back in a later release

I read the xda thread again today and Cyanogen went ahead and fixed the helix launcher2 so it works with both the new and old api. Hopefully will arctu use his code and put out an update. If nothing else we should have it in the next version of cyanogen I hope.

Reactions: Fadelight
Upvote 0
Dumb question im sure but does this .7 version have the radio update with it or do i need to do it before or after i updated to .7. Running DM 1 for awhile and just realized I am the only one running 2.01. And the last time i tried a Cynogen rom i got a bunch of FC's after so i went back to old dependable.

Once you update the radio once it never has to be done again unless you flash the SBF.

Reactions: jestexman
Upvote 0
I have backed up my nandroid of this, put the nandroid back-up on my raid5 array, backed it up to a CD as well. I might have to put the CD in a safety deposit box. I will will the CD to my children.

To save the hassle of all that backing up I would have just immersed my Droid in liquid nitrogen and just left it cryogenically suspended (it worked for Walt Disney) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones