Cyanogen 5.0.7 SIM Card contacts?

Last Updated:

1. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running cyanogen's 5.0.7 rom for about a week now with no real issues. Today I noticed something odd. The SIM card contacts, despite importing all from the sim card, aren't showing up in my contacts list.

What's odd is that if I go to the menu then "display options" the only choices are my Google and facebook accounts. There's no sim card option on there.

The contacts are there though. When I go to import and select from sim card, all my numbers are listed correctly and regardless if I long touch import them one by one or the import all function, they're still not displayed.

Now, I keep all of my numbers in an excel spreadsheet in case the sim card goes belly up but I don't want to have to manually enter all my contacts and I'd REALLY like to not have to scroll through the endless sea of facebook contacts or gmail contacts just to get to a number on my sim card.

If I remove the option to display facebook/gmail contacts, I get the empty screen telling me how to add contacts :rolleyes:

Has anyone else experienced this? Rebooting the phone didn't fix it. It's like that option to display sim contacts just isn't there... is this a known issue?

His mod uses this contacts app

[APP MOD] WyContacts 1.1 (150210) - xda-developers

And

Advertisement
  2. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar New Member This Topic's Starter

Update: I found a temporary work around. I went into Gmail and went to the contacts and all the sim card contacts were strangely listed there so just checked all of them I wanted to add and then put them in the "starred in android" group.

On the phone, I simply told it to display the "starred in android" contacts and now they're all there in the contacts list.... wierd.. but I guess this is better than using a SIM card if you think about it.