Cyanogen 6 Rom (Froyo 2.2) is here!

Last Updated:

1. retrophysical10

retrophysical10 Member This Topic's Starter

It dropped around midnight...Did you get it?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    Ralph 401, syedzakiabidi and scoob55 like this.
  2. gwcaton

gwcaton Well-Known Member

newbie question. If you root and install custom rom and a new version comes along does it update like a stock one would ( notification , click , done ) or do you have to do it manually everytime it updates. Thanks !

3. DeadPlasmaCell

DeadPlasmaCell Well-Known Member

I believe you do not get a notification and you have to install it manually. I really want to put this on my phone, but I don't understand rooting fully and I'm afraid of bricking my phone.. Someone lend me their confidence!

4. rdruner

rdruner Member

newbe here aswell- im done waiting and feel im ready to do this...:cool: if any one could give the best step by step site/link for mytouch 3g 1.2 it would be much appreciated. ive seen the all things root on this site but i think most are for the 1st mt3g...

5. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

theunlockr.com has tutorials on the 1.2

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Check out the mytouch 3G development section at XDA developers site.

Its really a lot easier than it sounds. Chances of bricking your phone are slim to none if you know how to read and follow directions.

7. fangorious

fangorious Guest

I loaded this on Sunday, first time to do so, I followed the directions on wiki.cyanogenmod.com. Overall I'm happy with it but wish I had know ahead of time that the wifi chipset appears to not support infrastructure mode, so there's no WiFi option in the native tethering app. I can now install any of the ad-hoc wifi tether apps from the market like Barnacle and Android Wifi Tether (could have done so with CM5.0.x too though). But being limited to ad-hoc rather defeats the purpose for me as I have devices that can't connect to ad-hoc (PS3). I can connect my PC and then bridge the wifi/LAN, but I think the signal would be too weak unless I either leave the phone with the PC (And then may as well use the USB option) or move the PC into the room with the PS3. So the main feature I was rooting for turned out to be missing. :(

8. DeadPlasmaCell

DeadPlasmaCell Well-Known Member

How does it run compared to the standard OS?? Is it faster, etc?

9. fangorious

fangorious Guest

Overall I'm pretty pleased. It seems that the last Back to get down to the home screen seems to pause, but it leaves the screen still displayed rather than the home wallpaper with no icons. I'm finding nesoid is a little choppy. I think that's due to the OS taking more RAM, as it was smoother on the stock G1 I had back when 1.6 was just released. I don't have any benchmark numbers to give. Speed was only ever an issue for me on the stock 1.6 MT3G when I had a bunch of backgroundservice stuff running while actively doing other stuff. The browser is pretty snappy, but I'm finding more pages seem to render tiny to fit the whole page instead of being smartly cropped and displayed. So the pinch-zoom has been nice for that (double-tap zoom doesn't always work when the whole page is scrunched up like that).

10. shawn1224

For best optimization, make sure you ....

- enable compache
    - enable JIT
    - disable Surface dithering

I'm getting around 4.15 mflops @ 576 MHz with linpack

So far speech to text is the only thing not working

11. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

install the version 3 gapps and it'll start working.

12. shawn1224

good looking out

EDIT - Actually I'm already running FRF91-MDPI-3.

13. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

strange. it wasn't working for me when I was on version 2, but started working after I installed 3.

varun.chitre15 likes this.
  14. shawn1224

I flashed it again and now it seems to be working. I guess it hadn't settled right the 1st time.

Now this rom is complete :D

15. scoob55

scoob55 Well-Known Member

of course i got it lol

[​IMG]

16. Tweek

Tweek Member

what is the name of the file to download, update-cm-4.2.15.1-signed.zip by SatanR1 [​IMG]
    do i download it to a pc and install it that way, or what is the right way to do it. I have the HTC MYTOUCH (MAGIC) 3G 3.5mm with android 1.6

17. shawn1224

cm-4.2.15 is android 1.6

That is unless you want 1.6 .... just for reference.

cm4 = 1.6

cm5 = 2.1

cm6 = 2.2

18. Tweek

Tweek Member

O Ok, im pretty new to the whole intalling of rom and stuff on my phone this will be the first time.

How does everybody like 2.2 so far!?!?

19. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

the whole thing? :p

if you you're asking if we like 2.2, I absolutely do.

20. shawn1224

It has been running smooth for me but I still get the occasional FC hiccups and the browser is a little wonky when connected to wifi.

I've had to reboot at least 4 times since I loaded it up so it's not 100% perfect yet.

For some reason skyfire refuses to play nice with 2.2

21. shawn1224

Has anyone had problems when moving apps to SD card and vice versa?

22. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member

i tried to move some over but when i did they stopped working.

23. scoob55

scoob55 Well-Known Member

24. Oliver Face

Oliver Face Member

Hey everyone. I'm clearly new here, so please be gentle. After owning a first gen mytouch (no 3.5 jack) I'm sick of it being outdated. I don't care if it's scheduled for next month, I've heard that 6 months ago and still nothing. Anyways, I followed a link I found in this thread to the unlockr site. I followed their instructions on rooting and installing a custom rom. Everything went boss, without any problems. The reason I did this, is because I want 2.* as my OS. I want to give this one a shot, and as I followed the link, I saw mention of things like Danger spl, and making SURE the radio was updated, etc. Now I'm just confused. The unlockr site links to the new rom mentioned in this thread, and it seems to be compatible with the steps I've taken, but I just need to know that I'm safe to continue. Reading up on the wiki, it sounds like the phone needs to be unlocked. It's not. I'm a tmobile customer but I was able to do the rooting / install of generic custom rom without a problem. It seems the literature is different. I guess I just need a thumbs up that says it's safe to confinue and load this froyo. Thanks, again, sorry if It appears I haven't researched enough on my own, or this is a stupid question. You have a great forum here.

25. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

You're safe to continue. DangerSPL is irrelevant to the MT3G, and changing the radio is only required when changing the SPL.

DangerSPL is a requirement for the *G1*, and the G1 only. I wish to hell the rom cooks would make that clearer.

Cyanogen and team do great work, you'll be happy with it.

P.s. Welcome to AF. :)

Cyranowan and Oliver Face like this.