Cyanogen Mod 6 (Froyo) Released!!

Last Updated:

1. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    ig88, Rrrracer and GrandMasterB like this.
  2. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member

3. nathanb7

nathanb7 Active Member

let us know how it goes......this is why i rooted in the first place to port 2.2

4. danglr09

danglr09 Well-Known Member

whats another way to backup my apps? because titanium isnt working..

5. iowabowtech

Quote from XDA thread:

"After running Quadrant Standard W/O overclocking, I get final benchmark results 210% above what stock Inc. does."

LOL, this is going to get crazy. Sounds buggy though. I think a 24 hour wait is in order for me.

6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Hell no man, I am all over this tonight and I can flash back to Jager tomorrow!:cool:

7. iowabowtech

Believe me, I'd be right there with you but I NEED my GPS for golf tomorrow and I just now got off work. Not enough time to do what I want!! :D

8. xgphacks123

xgphacks123 Well-Known Member

yes, its buggy, but it is froyo. It stays on my Dinc unless it gets upgraded

9. iowabowtech

Which probably won't be far off. Hell, Kroush already has the screen tearing bug pinned down. I wish I had 1/100th of his knowledge.

Sounds like the biggest reported bugs at this point are Bluetooth, Camera, some Contacts issues, auto brightness, and possibly some GPS.

10. Aremihc

Aremihc Well-Known Member

Flashing now, bluetooth is annoying, but I don't use it NEARLY as much as I did with my Decoy (best hardware feature EVER). This is my first true ROM flash, been holding out for it. As long as GPS works and I can make phone calls I'll be happy. Bluetooth can wait.

11. Aremihc

Aremihc Well-Known Member

Any missing features with Jager? Other than maybe facebook sync which is fine by me. I'm flashing CM6, but if it doesn't work I'll probably go something else for now. Since I'm finally taking the plunge and wiping my phone anyway.

12. mb01

mb01 Banned

when trying to go to settings in the contacts app, it FCs. also it didnt import all of my contacts from gmail. some stock widgets wouldnt work, just says had to FC when buttons are pressed on them. and whats with ADW launcher still being used? i figured that froyo itself would make a launcher unnecessary seeing as how all the launchers are modeled after it...

there are many other bugs and glitches as well. too many for me to use on a daily basis. gonna have to wait for the next release or the one after that.

13. GrandMasterB

MMS wasnt working on Chocolate 1.0 but last I spoke with Capt he was looking into it. By far my favorite ROM so far. I am going to flash TOO's Red/Blue next.

14. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Stuck at the "android" boot screen after installing google apps. If you got it installed successfully, what were your steps?? :D

15. GrandMasterB

You wiped first right? I didn't even watch mine flash. Left it sitting on the LayZboy and when I checked back it was booted to the home screen. Went off without a hitch.

I downloaded and initiated the flash all from ROM manager on my fully booted Incredible

16. killadanny

Do you have the donate version or free? Im using free. I Install ROM from SD Card, menu pops up, i select wipe data and cache, and it boots to Froyo just fine. Open it again and click Download ROM and click CyanogenMod and then download Google Apps. A menu pops up with "Backup Existing ROM" and "Wipe Data and Cache" i select neither and press ok and then it hangs up on the boot screen.

17. GrandMasterB

When I initially downloaded the ROM it prompted for Google apps and I checked yes ,downloaded and installed both at the same time.

Donate Version FTW

killadanny likes this.
  18. killadanny

Ahh, imma buy the donate version then. :D

GrandMasterB likes this.
  19. GrandMasterB

Its not going to seem like much right now but once the ROMS, themes, kernels etc for the Incredible all start popping up in ROM Manager you'll be thankful to have the donate version.

And my own personal 'thanks' to you for supporting the developers.

20. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

Can this be installed properly from free version. ROM and google apps? Also can JIT be run with this? It's not Sense right?

21. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

Yes it can. It DOES use JIT, and it does NOT have Sense.

22. killadanny

Worked for me after installing thru Rom Manager Premium. It's Froyo people! 2.2 in Pure vanilla, ran Linpack and got around 39 mflops, installed flash and played youtube videos from within the browser and videos @engadget. It's pretty laggy on the homescreen but everywhere else is fine. This is an excellent rom and consider donating for all the hard work being done for us Looking forward for some improved versions, but Im missing htc sense. :D ANDROID FTW!

23. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

It's fun to have, but I felt I was getting too many force closes....reverting back to my nandroid backup of the stock OS until a more stable version comes out.

24. killadanny

Already back to the HTC Sense that I know and love. I missed the widgets! The rom is awesome, will flash when a more stable one is out!

25. Viral

Viral Active Member

same thing happened to me :[

but now I cant get any rom to install

if I can still get into recovery then I'm not bricked right? :confused::confused::confused::confused: