cyanogen mod 6 or fresh 3.0?

Last Updated:

1. amg1322

amg1322 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i recently rooted and have been trying to find the best rom for me. im currently running the older fresh rom, 1.0.1 i believe it is. i was looking into flashing to cyanogen mod 6 but have been getting mixed reviews, plus the new version of fresh 3.0 has been released and im not really sure which one i should go with. any thoughts opinions or any knowledge really about either rom would really be appreciated, thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. hbfreekwan

hbfreekwan Member

i like cyanogen as its sense free. im wondering when he will have it working with 4g and base it off the newest ota...

3. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

The question is.Do you like Sense?If ur answer is not,then ur best bet will be CM6 RC1with he's newest Kernal which I believe is snapv4 if hasn't developed a new in the past day.This is what I've running for the past few weeks with no issues other than 4g which I don't have in my area so I don't mind leaving without it.Battery life is a big + for and get plenty of it with this ROM.

There are plenty of ROM's out there and everyone can experience different results with the same ROM,so my sugestion to u is to try all the candidates u have in mind for @ least 1 day and c what u get out each and one of them and go with the one that suits u best.

Good luck.

amg1322 likes this.
  4. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

Love it fast smooth and the functionality is just comfortable. If you donate he will update you with the updates via gmail... Works great for me. I am new to droid...:cool:

amg1322 likes this.
  5. amg1322

amg1322 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i did like the original fresh version that i was running. so in the name of trying them all like exbbuser said i downloaded both the new fresh rom and the cyananogen rom flashed them both and am going to give them a shot and see what happens.

6. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

I love CM6. It's not as polished as Fresh yet but it will be there soon for sure. Also CM designs roms from the ground up, and as someone else mentioned no Sense is what sells me on them. There's no 4g yet though.

7. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member

ditto. Fresh is always very smooth, even coming from CM6. I was using CM6 for awhile and just went back to Fresh 3 the other day, currently on 3.1.0.1. Its great with Launcher Pro and all the bs removed using Titanium. I dont even have it over clocked and its buttery smooth so far. Highly suggest both ROMs and see which one you like best or which features you need/dont need.

8. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know if this is a 2.2 issue or not, but Fresh uses the same old 2.1 look including icons, contacts, SMS, pretty much everything. CM6 has a much more updated look. Call me silly but when I upgrade I want it to look at least a little better. Also, it seems like Fresh hasn't included his fps tweak in this while CM6 does.

9. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily true. CM6 is NO SENSE. Fresh is Sense with option to disable Sense and use Launcher Pro instead. You can make it look nearly exact as CM6. I have my Fresh 3.1.0.1 looking almost exactly like I had my CM6. To each his own. See attachment.

One thing I will say though, I LOVE the CM6 keyboard about 100x more than the stock keyboard in Fresh. I hardly ever had typos using the CM6 keyboard and will be looking to figure out how to get that keyboard on Fresh soon.

Attached Files:

10. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I like both roms, but prefer the dialer in fresh to that of cm, so for now im running fresh. we will see though. Also, I never had problems with the CM nightlys but did have issues with RC1

11. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

How did you get launcher pro?

12. exBBuser

Is in the Market.

13. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

its also included in the fresh build but can not seem to access it

14. exBBuser

If is included in Fresh then u should be able to see it under Settings.

15. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Cant find it under settings, even installed from app store and still cant access it

16. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

go into settings - applications - manage applications

then under either the running or all tab locate HTC Sense. click on it and then you'll see a button that says clear defaults. once you clear defaults hit your home button and you will then be given an option to pick sense or launcher pro, and to set one as default.

wake69 likes this.