Cyanogen Mod "Google Addon" problem.

Last Updated:

1. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I got rooted and had the mod running fine. I install the "Google Addon" without any issues. When I power my phone it brings me to a welcome screen for an Android tutorial, where to begin it wants you to "touch the android" - only when I do this I can't get anything to work. I am touching the shit out of the Android guy and it does nothing. Powering off/on does not fix it. Can't get past the screen at all so I'm stuck on it.

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I did a complete wipe and re-flashed the ROM and addon and it seemed to work then. Yay!

3. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why, but this:

had me laughing so hard. Glad you fixed it though! :)

4. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

I had the EXACT same issue last night. I had to reflash CM6 twice to get it to respond to my "touching the android." Afterwards I did some research and found out what the problem probably was. I flashed the incorrect Gapps.zip so the program wasn't calibrated correctly for the EVO screen. Linked is the page for the correct .zip files.

(Keep in mind mine is working fine now, even with the incorrect Gapps flashed. It's stable for the moment, but we'll see.)

5. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

EDIT: I'm at work and cannot seem to find the correct wiki with the gapps.zip. I'll subscribe and link it when I get home this evening.