• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen Mod Sound Issue

Aakster

Lurker
Mar 22, 2015
Hello There!
I am using the Galaxy S5 with Cyanogen mod 12 installed on it. When it comes to Android I am more on the newbie side.

I have made a video to describe my problem visually. For anyone would like to know what my problem is, I will explain. At near random, my phone will make a hissing sound when ever a regular sound is supposed to be played. The sound is similar to a leaking gas tank and lowering the volume does nothing. I am sure it is not a cellular broadcast because I have that disabled and it just happens at just plain random. My way of stopping it is by restarting the device or just making the "hiss" sound come for tool long.

Here is a the video (sorry for recording vertically)
Any help is apprecciated :thumbsupdroid:

Hello There!
I am using the Galaxy S5 with Cyanogen mod 12 installed on it. When it comes to Android I am more on the newbie side.

I have made a video to describe my problem visually. For anyone would like to know what my problem is, I will explain. At near random, my phone will make a hissing sound when ever a regular sound is supposed to be played. The sound is similar to a leaking gas tank and lowering the volume does nothing. I am sure it is not a cellular broadcast because I have that disabled and it just happens at just plain random. My way of stopping it is by restarting the device or just making the "hiss" sound come for tool long.

Here is a the video (sorry for recording vertically)
Any help is apprecciated :thumbsupdroid:

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Aakster :)

It should be borne in mind that the CyanogenMod releases are all currently on untested experimental builds that are changed nightly. Therefore a fault in one build can be changed by the following night or a few days later. You do not mention which build you are on I am afraid or, which model of Galaxy S5 you have. Try the latest one. Also, in Settings, try switching your player from Nu Player to Awesome and see if that helps.

As this is a rooted question, I have asked our charming, honest and mostly upright, Mods to move your thread to the All Things Root forum where there are other rooted users, such as yourself.

Upvote 0
If you take a look, there is an S5 ATR Section for general rooting, and FOUR carrier-specific S5 ATR Sections for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. So no, The Chief hasn't fallen off the wagon... he's DRIVING it

;)

Damn! I never venture into those other forums. You're right The_Chief. Am only on first cup of double strength black coffee... need 2 more, at least to do shapes and colours. Will enrol in Alcoholics Anonymous immediately. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones