Cyanogen Mod?General

1. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

I've tried googling this. Does anyone know if there's work being done on getting Cyanogen Mod onto the Precedent? I see the Prevail (Boost) has a workable version running.

I've run Cyanogen on a tablet of mine (an old Archos) and it's pretty slick. Would be nice to rock it on the phone.

Any links to other forums? I'm going to guess the Prevail forum guys aren't going to spend much time in here any more.

Advertisement
  2. rvsuper8

rvsuper8 New Member

What he said.
    Need CM on Precedent.

After 15 years with AT&T and 3 years with a nexus one on CM, I went to straitalk for costs. I miss my CM bigtime.
  3. nsomniac

nsomniac Active Member

Go to Android Area 51 it's not quite CM but still better than nothing :)

Or you know you could just learn how to program and port CM yourself... Just a thought you know... but if you don't want to do any of the REAL work, then stop by, stay for a while and if you like what you see then maybe donate something to the nice guys that put all of their hard work into YOUR phone. :) I hope that I didn't offend you with this. It wasn't meant to, but after reading it I sound like a bit of a dick. sry.
    Gangreless likes this.
  4. sillyname

sillyname Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to CM becoming available for the SCH-M828C.

Does AA51 rom have Carrier IQ?
  5. akashik

I think the guys over at Android Area are doing some good work, but Cyanogen really is the gold standard and would love to see it on my phone. The boot animation is worth the upgrade alone.

I'm not a programmer, and have no intention of becoming one, so no, I'm not offended. I see you're a big fan of their work and can't fault you for flag waving for them. ;)
  6. Gangreless

Gangreless Member

7. sillyname

8. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member

here is my source code for CyanogenMOD for the Prevail

https://github.com/hroark13/android_device_samsung_prevail

you only have to make a few minor changes to get this to work with the Precedent, they are the same exact phone, I think the boot loaders are different

I would do this myself for you guys, but I dont have a Precedent, and I dont like putting things out that I cant test myself first
  9. akashik

That's excellent. Thanks for the share. Hopefully someone with a little knowledge will grab this and run with it. :)
  10. sillyname

11. mathbud1

mathbud1 New Member

I am a semi-professional, semi-competent, programmer. I would love to work on this, but don't really know where to get started. Where could I get some pointers on porting?
  12. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Get source for an earlier port for both the Prevail and the Precedent. See what the differences are. That's how I would attack it. (I'm also "semi-competent", but so far the people who pay my salary haven't found out.)
  13. bunchacrunch14

bunchacrunch14 New Member

Just making sure this thread won't die, hoping for CM on the Precedent! Mathbud1, just wondering how the "source-ing" is coming along if at all :)
  14. Rookie407

Rookie407 Active Member

just wanted to say AreaRom does not have carrier iq

also CM7 is currently a work in progress
  15. sillyname

16. akashik

PandaBomb's ROM is confirmed working. See link above.
  17. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

aa51 has a working FULL PORT no BOOST MOBILE anywhere on it, in BETA TESTING and should be released in a the next couple days,
  18. Subbie138

Subbie138 Member

*Bump* In case OP is still interested, or anyone else, Cyanogen is now available for the Precedent.

This is current (Doesn't have those old Megaupload links) and has Cyanogen Mod 7. I just rooted my precedent and am thrilled with Cyanogen.
  19. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Cm dose not have carrier iq
    Ar has carrier iq but it is frozen