• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen OS12 (CM12S) Software Update LRX22G April 23

Have manually updated... this time I wiped the os and flashed from a USB stick... And a lot of the bugs/instability that I had before has vanished... Battery life has gone from appalling to mildly disappointing but its still early days and I haven't done any battery tweaking yet.

BBC iPlayer still not working properly for streaming and OK one plus refuses to recognise my voice.. But I'm happy with it....

Still awaiting my powerbank though...

Upvote 0
Have manually updated... this time I wiped the os and flashed from a USB stick... And a lot of the bugs/instability that I had before has vanished... Battery life has gone from appalling to mildly disappointing but its still early days and I haven't done any battery tweaking yet.

BBC iPlayer still not working properly for streaming and OK one plus refuses to recognise my voice.. But I'm happy with it....

Still awaiting my powerbank though...
I don't know if you are a ROM flasher or not, but I've switched to CM12.1 nightlies with PA gapps and the battery life has been excellent from the start.

Upvote 0
Cheers... I might give that a go :)

1. Download the latest nightly from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon

2. Download a gapps package compatible with Android 5.1 (5.0.1 will cause lots of issues)
I use PA gapps myself.

4. In recovery, do a full wipe (clean install) or cache/dalkvic (dirty flash from CM12)

5. Flash the ROM, then gapps.

6. Reboot

BTW, you can't flash this over OxygenOS or CM11s/12s.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones