• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen OS12 (CM12S) Software Update LRX22G, build YNG1TAS2I3 June 17

CafeKampuchia

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2011
Pursat, Cambodia
This is an incremental update to Cyanogen 12 (Android version 5.0.2), not the anticipated upgrade to Android 5.1. Changes:
  • Touchscreen sensitivity
  • Bluetooth connectivity with several in-car systems
  • MMS sending on several carriers

Go to Settings > About phone > System updates to get it. Alternatively, you can download the full build or smaller OTA file and flash from recovery, stock or custom. The smaller OTA file can only be flashed over the previous Cyanogen OS12 (CM12S) installation (LRX22G, build YNG1TAS17L) with an unmodified system partition (no Xposed, deleted system apps, etc.), but the full build can be flashed over that or CM11s. You can also wipe /data and flash the full build as well to do a clean install which is the best option, but you lose your data.

Although this will flash over CM11/CM12 nightlies, it is NOT recommended.
DO NOT attempt to flash this from OxygenOS as it will brick your device!!!

Happy flashing, and post back here with any questions!

Source: Android Police

Reactions: KOLIO
Just wonder if we get only one opportunity to get the OTA update mentioned. I had just boarded a flight and noticed a system update ready to download and install. Not sure if I would have enough time and wanting to use wifi I just turned the phone off. That was three days ago. I have not been offered the ota again. I keep going to "system updates" but it is not there. I know I can flash as mentioned, but I would rather just get the ota.

What can I do now? Just wait I guess. Did anyone else experience this? Thanks

Upvote 0
Just wonder if we get only one opportunity to get the OTA update mentioned. I had just boarded a flight and noticed a system update ready to download and install. Not sure if I would have enough time and wanting to use wifi I just turned the phone off. That was three days ago. I have not been offered the ota again. I keep going to "system updates" but it is not there. I know I can flash as mentioned, but I would rather just get the ota.

What can I do now? Just wait I guess. Did anyone else experience this? Thanks
Reboot the phone and it should come back. If not, download the "smaller OTA file" from the OP and flash it from recovery.

Upvote 0
@all, any objections to me moving this thread to the Rooting area for this device?

:)
Scary, how've you been? :) I haven't bumped into you in a while.

It's a normal OTA that installs automatically for most folks, and even if you do flash it manually, it doesn't require root since it's the stock ROM for the device. Also, all the previous OTAs have a thread in this section.

Upvote 0
Scary, how've you been? :) I haven't bumped into you in a while.

It's a normal OTA that installs automatically for most folks, and even if you do flash it manually, it doesn't require root since it's the stock ROM for the device. Also, all the previous OTAs have a thread in this section.

Been good--thanks! :)

I wasn't 100% sure about the OnePlus One devices since I know they run CM and I knew there's be some talk about CyanogenMod, etc. I also see that Xposed, nightlies, and system partition topics were referenced that caught my eye that also made me think it belonged in the root section.

But if there are things that the typical/normal user would not do or are complicated or scary, then perhaps the thread might be best suited for the root area (it doesn't specifically have to be root related to be in the root area, it just that most things usually / normally are).

If a normal OnePlus One user would indeed be doing / interested in these topics, then it should stay, otherwise the root area is probably best.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones