cyanogen problem

Last Updated:

1. breznou

breznou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i donwloaded the cyanogen rom and rebooted and now i am stuck on the cyanogen screen with a blue android charactor with the word cyanogen underneath it. i can get into clockwork but thats all i can do. it also goes the a dim home screen where i can do anything i see the live wall paper with the sipe side to unlock but when i try to unlock or when i touch the screen it does nothing i am so lost. please need help asap thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

boot into clockwork and restore a previous nandroid...sounds like something went wrong in the installation of the rom.

did you wipe data before booting into clockwork to load cm6?

ive had the non-responsive touchscreen when loading non-aosp kernels on an aosp rom, but never from just loading a rom, could be lack of a wipe

3. breznou

well i booted in to clockwork and did a factory rest and it did nothing, i went in to clear storage and nothing. i dont think i made a nandroid, i think i f-d my phone. i have no idead how to get my screen to repond to touch.

4. breznou

well i download on the root of the sd card the stock froyo 2.2 zip hoping that that well fix the phone but it failed it said install abort. i dont have a nandroid back up. what is my next option? again the only problem i am having is the screen its not responding to touch.

5. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

DUDE! this happened to me yesterday and scared the crap out of me. Flash to any other rom, I did it with MIUI and SkyRaider in 2 different instances.

6. breznou

^^^ so your screen doesnt respond, and to fix it you flashed both or one of those roms? and what do you mean by instance? can you give me a link to the download for the rom please and thank you for your help man!

7. NoShftShck16

I flashed to MIUI the first time and it went through smoothly (i highly suggest trying that ROM if you havent). Decided to try CYAN again and went back into the boot cycle and went with SkyRaider.

Basically, reflash something other than cyanogen and you should be fine. Not sure why this is happening, but it happened with my buddys G1 too. Like I said, I've been messing with MIUI and i love it, its interesting and has a lot of perks.

8. breznou

right now i am downloading skyraider 2.5.2 sense and if that doesnt work ill try miui. but all i do is put it on the root of my sd car and then go to bootloader and then recovery and then find the zip correct.

9. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I would recommend getting ROM Manager. It has a number of these ROMs listed and will automatically download and install them for you. It also has auto options for backing up and wiping data/caches before you install the rom. If you are going from a rom to a different one (as opposed to an upgrade) then you really need to wipe data/caches for the install.

10. NoShftShck16

You arent downloading 3.0??

Honestly you can put it wherever you'd like as long as you know where it is. I have a folder on my SD Card called ROM and have everything in there.

Pull the battery and put it back in
    Vol Down + Pwr
    Let the bootloaded do its thing
    Vol Down once to recovery
    Pwr to actually select it
    In clockwork: install from zip
    Select zip from card (or whatever it says)
    Navigate to it and select
    Toggle to yes

Let it do its thing and you are good to go.

Post back if it works or if it doesnt. I can flash CM to get into a boot cycle if need be and walk through the steps again and let you know if there are other ways of doing it.

11. NoShftShck16

I'd suggest that too, but obviously right now you just need to get your phone working.

breznou likes this.
  12. breznou

i did get rom manager from the market and saw cyanogen downloaded it and thats when my problems started now that my screen doesnt respond it so i cant do really anything right now but download another rom and try to fix. ill do another wipe before i try and load skyraider.

13. breznou

so i extract the file before i move it to the root of my sd card because if just finsihed downloading. and thanks for your help as i do this.

14. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

No, don't extract anything!! Install the actual zip from recovery.

15. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

Dude read some guides before performing these types of activites, you couldnt figure how to extract the drivers for unrevoked the other day.

16. breznou

ok skyraider is on my sd car. and i just swiped data and cache. wish me luck.

17. breznou

incredible is fixed! thank you all. i was so up-set not i am so happy.

18. NoShftShck16

Glad to help! I went through the same issues so I understand how you must've felt.

Pop back into recovery (clockworkmod) and do a backup, that way you can just flash that if all else fails.

Let me know if oyu need a step by step for that too

19. breznou

i know man but know i know what to do lol. i sometimes jump head first lol. i live and learn lol. but thankds for all your help.

20. NoShftShck16

Agreed. I read every guide there was and i know "how" to do something but its makes you less confident when you dont "know" what you are doing.

I still asked people every step and yeah you'll get the @sshole who says go read a guide every now and then. But most people will actually be willing to help.

21. breznou

there everywhere but i welcome positive and negative feed back. but you where such a big help. i will keep in touch when i need more help with anything eles.

22. breznou

What's the difference between raider 2.5.2 since and raider 3.0?

23. NoShftShck16

Version number, 3.0 is the newest. Youd have to see the change log for specifics. Go to the ROM subforum in the rooting forum. In there you can link to the incredible roms site which has screenshots, changelogs and last updated notifications

24. breznou

ok gotcha, well the only thing i notice is that i didnt have was adobe flash player so i went to the marlet and downloaded it lol other than that this version of 2.2 is the same os froyo well as far as i can tell haha.

25. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

My apologies breznou. Sometimes I can be a little short. I guess have my moments. Going forward I'll be kinder to everyone in my posts.