1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cyanogen SMS Back To Stock??Support

1. BigJono94

BigJono94 New Member

I recently flashed Cyanogenmod 6 Nigthly (or whatever it's called), and as much as I love it, there are still parts of it where I prefer the stock version. The text messaging part for instance.

So basically I'm wondering, is it possible to replace certain features/things about a custom Rom with parts from another custom Rom or stock? and if it is possible, what is the easiest way to do it, like can I do it without having wipe clean and reflash?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Nothing from stock will work on cyanogenmod as they are built completely differently. Some things from miui will work though so if you're lucky maybe the messaging app will. There's also the option of freezing the cm app and using a third party one from the market.
  3. BigJono94

BigJono94 New Member

Ok, so how would I go about changing the mms.apk from cyanogen's one to the miui one? If it's a stupid question, just pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated :)
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll be able to find one by googling. Or if you want the latest one, download the latest miui rom zip and take the apk from that using root explorer.