Cyanogen Tazz 5 battery life

Last Updated:

1. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Sorry for all these posts, I search for answers but I don't seem to find anything -- is there a way to search withIN a thread?

Updated to Cyanogen Tazz Vanilla v5 as I was on 2 and experienced issues. Battery life is horrible. I have been off the charger for maybe MAYBE 2 hours and its at 89%.

It says the display is using a lot of battery and phone calls, but on the other ROM battery life was great. I am not sure what to do. Autokiller is on strict, not using SetCPU.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

First, to search within a thread, if you look above the first post of a thread, there is a drop-down to "Search this thread".

Second, you actually want your display to be fairly high percentage of battery use - that means that you don't have a lot of background processes that are using up battery.

I've not actually used Tazz, but, if you flashed this since taking it off the charger, it's pretty clear to me, from experience, that Amon's Recovery sucks battery like nobody's business. If you flashed this from recovery since it was taken off charge, that may be part of it.

Second, you may want to plug in, charge to 100%, and then restart in Recovery, go to the wipe menu, and wipe battery stats. That seems to help if battery usage seems incorrect.

10% in two hours on the stock battery seems a bit high, but not out of the ballpark. Do you have any widgets running that use data to update frequently? Twitter or Facebook apps set to update frequently? It may be one of those. But, again, it may just need battery stat wipe.

3. ShPerryman

ShPerryman Member

The first day I flashed Cyanogen Tazz Vanilla v5, my battery was dead pretty quick. Today it's back in line with the previous version of Tazz I was running. Sitting at 70% after 9 hours of moderate use.

4. sixstringedmatt

Doogald, I do have some widgets that update frequently, but if that were the case, wouldn't my battery be just as awful on v2?

I will definitely check and see if giving it another day helps! If not, I will see what else is up. I will also try wiping the battery info too.

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You're on the right track to give it another day, I think.

One other thing to note with the Froyo ROMs is that they automagically reinstall all of your apps and setting from the market when you first set them up, which uses the battery (as well as making the phone feel laggy while this is happening.)

I'd suggest Tazz 6.0, as he is now using the CFS kernel, which I think is better for the battery, but it seems that people are having issues on first install, so you may want to wait. Or, of course, just stay on 2.0.

FWIW, I have been running CELB 2.6 for the last three days and I am getting great battery life. First saying that I have the 1750 battery, I am at 61% battery left right now after just under 18 hours since I unplugged. This is pretty similar to what I was seeing with Kaos Froyo V34 with the CFS kernel. YMMV, of course.

6. sixstringedmatt

I would use 6, but the design doesn't really appeal to me, and I don't like that keyboard for some reason (maybe just the color scheme). 2.0 is out, because its too sluggish after about a week of use :(

7. prj

prj Well-Known Member

What does Amons recovery have to do with battery life?