Cyanogen Tazz browser crashing

Last Updated:

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have found that my browser crashes when adding bookmarks with Tazz v8. I have read that this may be because of problems with the gps. Anyone know a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

On the V7 release, enabling location awareness in both the OS

(Settings -> Location & security -> [Use wireless networks or Use GPS satellites]

and the browser

(Menu -> More -> Settings -> Enable location)

definitely caused frequent browser crashes for me, but everywhere - not just bookmarks.

I loaded Tazz Froyo V8 last night, and just now tried to reproduce a crash by fooling with bookmarks: add, delete, click on them, etc (with all locations services turned ON), and couldn't get a FC to happen. I'm pretty sure GPS & Maps is fixed in V8.

That doesn't mean you are not experiencing the problem; it's probably just a different bug involved.

It's easy enough to test your hypothesis, though: turn off all the location service options on the phone (OS & Browser), and see if you still get the FCs

eu1

3. thetingster

Thanks for your reply. I will do some more experimenting and see what I can come up with. I really like some of the latest froyo releases, they are much more polished now.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I agree. In just a matter of weeks the 2.2s have gone from a daunting list of "known bugs," and other discovered, non-listed issues, to just about perfect; I'm very impressed with Kaos v27 (no force closes on mine, although we've seen many reports of that).

The way the 2.2 ROMs are being honed and polished for our Erises is amazing to me; we have several now and each new release is better than the previous.

It appears that now we're at a point where the Froyo ROMs are on a par with those based on 2.1, as far as stability goes.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I agree with Frisco, before they where nice to play with, but not good to keep. Now I wouldn't bother with 2.1 anymore. Kaos, Celeb, and Tazz are pretty much stable and near perfect. My wife's on Kaos, with no issues. I removed the stock browser and just use DolphinHD, I use CelebFroyo, and also use DolphinHD. No crashing there.you can also just try using Opera, its is very fast and more stuff than stock android browser.

6. thetingster

Thank you I'll have to give that a try.