• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen Tazz browser crashing

I have found that my browser crashes when adding bookmarks with Tazz v8. I have read that this may be because of problems with the gps. Anyone know a fix for this?

On the V7 release, enabling location awareness in both the OS

(Settings -> Location & security -> [Use wireless networks or Use GPS satellites]

and the browser

(Menu -> More -> Settings -> Enable location)

definitely caused frequent browser crashes for me, but everywhere - not just bookmarks.

I loaded Tazz Froyo V8 last night, and just now tried to reproduce a crash by fooling with bookmarks: add, delete, click on them, etc (with all locations services turned ON), and couldn't get a FC to happen. I'm pretty sure GPS & Maps is fixed in V8.

That doesn't mean you are not experiencing the problem; it's probably just a different bug involved.

It's easy enough to test your hypothesis, though: turn off all the location service options on the phone (OS & Browser), and see if you still get the FCs

eu1

Upvote 0
I really like some of the latest froyo releases, they are much more polished now.

I agree. In just a matter of weeks the 2.2s have gone from a daunting list of "known bugs," and other discovered, non-listed issues, to just about perfect; I'm very impressed with Kaos v27 (no force closes on mine, although we've seen many reports of that).

The way the 2.2 ROMs are being honed and polished for our Erises is amazing to me; we have several now and each new release is better than the previous.

It appears that now we're at a point where the Froyo ROMs are on a par with those based on 2.1, as far as stability goes.

Upvote 0
I agree with Frisco, before they where nice to play with, but not good to keep. Now I wouldn't bother with 2.1 anymore. Kaos, Celeb, and Tazz are pretty much stable and near perfect. My wife's on Kaos, with no issues. I removed the stock browser and just use DolphinHD, I use CelebFroyo, and also use DolphinHD. No crashing there.you can also just try using Opera, its is very fast and more stuff than stock android browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones