• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Cyanogen6.1.3]gingerbread[v01] - Fully Camera Working!!!

Excellent thanks. Been waiting for a 2.2 with working Camera...much appreciated!

Actually now that i'm at home and not behind a firewall I can see the big red text saying i need baseband 54,55 or 58 so I WILL have to flash that first. :)

you can do all at once

right after rom installation, instead of reboot, prepair everything to flash with flashtool and when you`re donne reboot;)

Upvote 0
Great looking ROM but after installing and following all instructions, if does not see my OEM SD card.

XRecovery still works fine, and it can see the card, but when I boot the ROM, no SD card
:(

Fantastic Quadrant scores too, 1315 compared to 850 on 2.1!

Any help?

Thanks
A

did you have your sdcard partitioned? you can`t.

try to remove your sdcard from phone and insert on pc to see if it works

Upvote 0
Did not consciously partition the SD card, I just left it as was from previous custom ROM installations. I had a version of 2.1 with JIT V2 and all worked OK.

I had installed Free X10 and wasn't mad about it. It could not see the SD card either. Then I installed this ROM and the same thing happens. It does not recopgnise the SD card at all.

I had plugged the SD card into the PC, when X10 was still on to copy the CM ROM onto it.

I used xRecovery to install the CM ROM and the camrcorder fix and all seemed OK, but after multiple reboots, there's no joy with the SD card.

A

Upvote 0
Did not consciously partition the SD card, I just left it as was from previous custom ROM installations. I had a version of 2.1 with JIT V2 and all worked OK.

I had installed Free X10 and wasn't mad about it. It could not see the SD card either. Then I installed this ROM and the same thing happens. It does not recopgnise the SD card at all.

I had plugged the SD card into the PC, when X10 was still on to copy the CM ROM onto it.

I used xRecovery to install the CM ROM and the camrcorder fix and all seemed OK, but after multiple reboots, there's no joy with the SD card.

A

strange:thinking:

try to format your sdcard after a backup and then make a clean install

Upvote 0
are you on the right baseband? it should work perfectly on 54 and above

yes Baseband 54.
but i have fixed it

i was going to try this
xda-developers - View Single Post - CM 6.1.3 V4.4 no radio or wifi fix x10

But prior - i rolled back to previous rom, and re-installed This again, now it works.
Strange but atleast its working.
Thanks for the rapid reply tho

ONE THING THOUGH - I Have installed the Camcorder fix, but my Video Cam still doesnt work. any suggestions??

Upvote 0
Reactions: wynney666
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am going to root and flash a buddies phone later this afternoon and install this great looking custom ROM on a buddies phone later this afternoon. But I have a question.

So that I don't have to go through trial and error, is there a specific version of xRecovery I have to have installed?

I am looking at this -

xRecovery v1.0.0 Installers for ALL roms - xda-developers

Do I use the one for 2.1 or 2.2 or the one for all...2.1/2.2/2/3?

And for me to install the 2.2....do I install 2.1, then apply the 2.2 hotfix?

I can't remember what I have loaded on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones