• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod 10.0< Install/ Update

Hello,

I just upgraded my U8665 to the CyanogenMod 10.0 firmware from the AT&T stock firmware following ZeRoseDev's thread.

Everything went well, but I am wondering if I can now upgrade to a newer version of CM, without issue, in order to eliminate some of the bugs of this version. Currently, there is no option to download updates through the phone, so I would have to install any newer version on the SD and flash from there. If I were to install CM 10.1, would I then have the option to download updates through the phone?

Could I jump ahead from CM 10.0 to CM 11.11, or would this cause issues?

Also, I want to upgrade my sister's phone (same phone; U8665) to a CM firmware, but I'm not sure if I would have to initially install CM 10.0 on her phone and upgrade from there, or if I can install the most recent version at the time (e.g. CM 11.11).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if I am misusing any terminology, I'm somewhat new to all this. :)

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones