Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2)

Last Updated: 2013-01-01 16:55:33
  1. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    musolff92, hstroph, Biaviian and 2 others like this.
  2. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

I've been using CM10 on my EVO. It's currently at 4.1 for that phone, but man is it smooth.

However, I will hold off on rooting because outside of new battery kernels, I think the Nexus will do a lot of what I want out of the box. If/when I decide to throw a ROM on, Cyanogen will be my first stop.
  3. desarenezitic

desarenezitic Well-Known Member

For me there's more to being rooted than just putting ROMS on, Titanium Backup and NANDROIDS for one, wait that's 2.
  4. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I forgot that unlocking the booloader wipes your phone, so I will root out of the box.
  5. desarenezitic

desarenezitic Well-Known Member

I unlocked out the box then waited for a) easy rooting and b) TWRP for my recovery ;)
  6. quickmirror

quickmirror Active Member

Now I want the phone even more. 2-3 weeks to go. :|
  7. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

Just flashed it and I'm loving it so far.
  8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

So what's running better at the moment. This or AOKP?
  9. Banished Angel

Since AOKP is based off Cyanogenmod and Cyanogenmod is still in nightly builds CM SHOULD be more stable as AOKP is alpha code based off alpha code. This is just speculation though. I'll be able to test this in the next couple days.
  10. Biaviian

I ran into issues with this ROM. I don't know if it was the ROM or what but MANY of my applications couldn't be restored through TiBu (they would freeze the restore process) and the same applications came up showed in Google Play as not being applicable for my phone. They were installed before the flash. Most of these are mainstream applications like eBuddy, DoubleTwist, Underground Weather, etc... Due to this I had to revert back to restore my nandroid.
  11. Banished Angel

As I said this is an Alpha build. I haven't been able to test it since my phone is arriving tomorrow. I imagine in as little as a week this ROM will make leaps and bounds.
  12. Biaviian

Yeah I realize that. I just wanted to point out my issue to others.
  13. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm going to be going to CM again soon. I like the expanded desktop feature especially. Plus there are a couple other things I miss from CM10.
  14. Biaviian

What is this expanded desktop feature all about? I gather it simply expands to hide the status bar and nav buttons but why is it useful?
  15. chrlswltrs

There is an option in the power menu (the one that pops up when you long press the power button) that you can change to extended desktop which hides the nav buttons. That way you don't have to look at them while you are playing a game like Grand Theft Auto or Dead Trigger (just the ones that pop into my head first) that don't auto hide them while playing.
  16. Biaviian

Thanks. That's what I thought it was for but I didn't want to make assumptions.
  17. chrlswltrs

Has anyone tested out this ROM yet? What bugs are present?
  18. Banished Angel

chrlswltrs likes this.
  19. chrlswltrs

20. Banished Angel

If you give it a try be sure to write up a little review. I'm perfectly content with stock 4.2.1 at the moment, but my old chronic flashing habits are starting to claw at me. That and pure Cyanogenmod has always been my favorite.
  21. chrlswltrs

Same here. I'm not quite ready to flash a new ROM, but I want to follow CM development because when I am ready that is what I will be flashing.
  22. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

i've had aokp on this for a while tried cm10 but was missing a few things for me idk probably didn't search enough i forget what now but i think aokp and cm10 are pretty similar otherwise
  23. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

The rom is pretty smooth/fast. I had some strange wifi issues. Not sure if it was kernel related but it was enough for me to jump ship for a bit.

Back on AOKP and no problems.
  24. Banished Angel

I took the plunge and installed the 12/28 nightly with Franco's latest kernel last night. I'll report back after a day or so of usage.
    realizm likes this.
  25. realizm

realizm Well-Known Member

Look forward to hearing about it. I'm a recovering flashaholic so my Nexus is stock at the moment. I love it but I do miss CM. I told myself I was going to wait till a "stable" build was released. But yea I'm curious about battery life, over/under clocking cpu, etc. Overall feel as compared to stock. Thanks!