CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Sprint/Virgin Mobile

1. joe_blow

joe_blow Well-Known Member

This is a re-post / cross post of CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Sprint/Virgin Mobile
    Please refer to that thread for all information and post issues there not here as I NOT associated with this ROMs development.

All my testing is using this ROM on a Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 3D (re-branded to HTC EVO V 4G ). Also if you want the latest and greatest "HTC EVO V 4G Firmware" for this phone please see my other post.

Just a heads up as this ROM now seems to be stable.
    Yes it's the current "Holy Grail" of ROM heads like us a CM10.1 ROM
    Please note: it's built from Google sources AOSP not from AOKP

Android 4.2.1
    CyanogenMod 10.1-20120131-UNOFFICAL-shootervm

This means that other then the Nexus 4, you will have the JB 4.2 Swager!
    ( Well no swager toggle setting to get that HDF "Hipster Distortion Field" turned on :rolleyes: )

Features:
    • Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Calls
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • UMS
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • MMS
    • Qualcomm JB libs & firmware
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • 4G
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • GPS

Issues:
    • 3D
    • First video recording of FFC and rear camera is messed up. Afterwards fine except some graphical tears.
    • Stock kernel 3.0.61 Cyanogenmod+Dastin Thus no ablity to tweak and get better battery or speed.

Prerequisites
    • Do not use superwipes
    • HBOOT 1.57 DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recommend HBOOT 1.04 or 1.50
    • S-OFF
    • 4ext recovery or TWRP 2.4.x

Install
    • Wipe data, cache, and system (wipe all partitions except sdcard if on 4ext recovery) if coming from any ROM except CM10
    • Wipe cache and dalvik-cache if flashing new version from previous installation of CM10
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot
    • THANK dastin1015 and his contributors! This is REQUIRED! DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP or your phone will burst in to flames in your hands
    • Profit
    Note: To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.

Feb. 8, 2013 is the latest update and contains the following updates:
    • JOP40G
    • Audio update
    • Support for Virgin Mobile MMS (Separate from MMS fix)
    • Half press camera button to focus
    • Move dalvik cache to data
    • Bionic optimizations
    • Scorpion optimizations
    • Kernel: Linux 3.0.62, Linux 3.0.63, allow only unicast packets when screen is off
    • CM upstream

THANK dastin1015 and his contributors! I am just cross posting this information, they deserve your gratitude!

Work-A-Rounds

Kernel
    So far this ROM is rock solid no system errors, application crashes or reboots.
    But the downside is no kernel features, comes with the stock CM10.1 3.0.61 build.

You can flash the Team Dirt 3.5 AOSP kernel:
    DIRT 3.5 now matches the CM10.1 kernel level of 3.0.62! Testing has begun!

WARNING: using other kernels can and has lead to unpredictable phone glitches
    Passes all normal stability tests, get's you all the knobs and switches.
    I recommend
    • intelidemand CPU Governor, with Linked Cores
    • Max 1242Mhz Min 384Mhz ( to save battery normal is 1512Mhz )
    • 3D max Freq 320Mhz
    • 2D man Freq 266Mhz
    • noop: IO Scheduler

:D 1242mhz yields 6483 in AnTuTu, that is under-clocked !!!!!
    :smokingsomb: 1512Mhz yields 7591 in AnTuTu so I would rather have the battery life

But alas after using for a few days my phone hung on a reboot. Also playing MP3's there are issues with random pauses and pops. So if your into using you phone as a media player don't mess with kernels until there built for the CM10.1 ROM.

Advertisement
  2. Thedjscr3am

Thedjscr3am Well-Known Member

So does this have MMS fixed for VM? Or do you still have to flash the sprint versionand apply the MMS fix (or whatever kinda witchcraft required to make it run lol)?
  3. joe_blow

joe_blow Well-Known Member

Not sure will test tonight will have to get back to you on that

1 Feb 2013: Yes it does work perfectly, even MMS messages
  4. badboytoast

badboytoast Well-Known Member

Looks cool thanks for sharing!
  5. wigginst

wigginst Well-Known Member

MMS was fixed on the latest VM build when I tried it this morning.
  6. goshjosh

goshjosh Well-Known Member Contributor

Anyone else had issues with Bluetooth?

I've been streaming music from my phone to my cars bluetooth set up, when I do, the music tends to stutter.

Well now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's music playback or the bluetooth. Anyone knows what's up? last time I tried it was on the 1/23 build. Haven't tested on the latest one.
  7. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

I can confirm that in least in my case, the mms problem has been resolved, on both 3rd party (Go SMS) and native applications. I am using the VM update, along with the Sprint apns.

edit: Can't be of any help on the bluetooth issue. I only use it once every blue moon.
  8. wigginst

Used tune in radio for quite awhile today over Bluetooth with no issues.
  9. thIsgUy20

thIsgUy20 Well-Known Member

So GPS is fixed? Cause Ive been running this week and GPS ain't working even tho I need it for ingress
  10. wigginst

GPS just worked like a charm through a two hour drive.
  11. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

12. XAL2

XAL2 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where the developer options are in this rom?
  13. ramjet73

ramjet73 Well-Known Member

Check the OP on XDA.

ramjet73
  14. XAL2

XAL2 Well-Known Member

Oh wow lol why did he make it so you had to do that?
  15. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

tried CM 10.1 and it has a beautiful UI but there was lag........ I haven't modified it so that may be the reason..........
  16. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

I have ZERO lag. The minimum CPU speed is only 192 by default. Bump it up 1 stage. No lag here
  17. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

Gallery doesn't see any pictures already on phone. Picking ringtone/notification, list doesn't include ones on SD card.
  18. nsciucco

No issues like that here pal. What hboot are you on and What recovery are you using?
  19. BoomBoom53

BoomBoom53 Well-Known Member

There is a "Secret Handshake"
  20. nsciucco

kinda weird I dont know why that featue is like that ..... I think its meant to keep noobs from messing stuff up.. If you cant read the OP you shouldnt be in developer optons I guess...lol
  21. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Like in the days of CM7...."Here thar be dragons...Enter at your own risk" ;)
  22. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

1.04 eng, twrp 2.4
    everything works fine on g60's cm10
  23. nsciucco

get rid of TWRP. use 4EXT. alot of these roms dont play well with that recovery
  24. death2twitter

death2twitter Well-Known Member

Does the homescreen look a little... squished to you guys? Like the icons aren't as far apart as they should be.
  25. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

Does the music app still have the hiccup where it don't play the first time you launch the app and then crashes out and then you will be able to play music?
    Because this ROM doesn't have that problem so far.