• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1

So I have a problem...not sure if it is just me or not..but I have a few apps that wont show up in the market to download. Mainly Weatherbug Elite and Orb. I cant find them anywhere...and TiBu wont show them either even though I had them backed up at one point. I reflashed Nexfro and sure shit, there they were. Not sure what is up. Anyone have a fix for me? It is really making me mad :(

Upvote 0
I know but isn't this supposed to work out of the box with the stock launcher now?

Joe

LP works really well with this ROM. If I knew how to have more docked apps with ADW (it may offer this option, I'm just not that sure), I'd give it another shot. Plus, Fab is offering a themed and integrated LP with his X theme. The stock ADW worked fine on my phone FWIW.

Upvote 0
Running fine on the P3Droid kernels from the p3 web site. low voltage, 1.1Ghz. I accidentally installed the one from the Cyanogen ROM folder in ROM Manager lol. duh. That one definitely does not work.

Happy to see the cpu temp sensor working. Don't know if it's by accident or not. It's only booted once.

Joe

Okay, I did the same thing, but can't figure out how to get the good one working. What do I need to do to flash the good P3Droid kernel? Currently, as soon as my phone finishes booting, it shuts down (doesn't recognize a battery being connected).

Upvote 0
So I have a problem...not sure if it is just me or not..but I have a few apps that wont show up in the market to download. Mainly Weatherbug Elite and Orb. I cant find them anywhere...and TiBu wont show them either even though I had them backed up at one point. I reflashed Nexfro and sure shit, there they were. Not sure what is up. Anyone have a fix for me? It is really making me mad :(

no one else is having this problem? :(

hahah okay, i am dumb..i didn't even realize there was a market fix. Crisis averted.

Upvote 0
Did your apps link with the market? And showed when there are updates for the program? With mine, it linked up like 5 apps... and the rest it didn't work.

To the original question, what is gapps?

Gapps is short for Google Apps. The native Google apps normally found in a rom are left out because that part (or more precisely...those apps) of an extensive rom building process never change, so the dev group doesn't feel the need to include them everytime the bot builds a nightly rom.

The most important thing about installing the gapps after you flash the CM6 rom is that it will go through the gmail sign-in and syncing process so your contacts sync and your market apps are synced/installed.

Upvote 0
Installed CM6 last night and reverted back to Bugless .4 this afternoon. The overall performance of the rom was terrible compared to BB.4 for some reason. I did wipe, i even tinkered with setting inside ADW to make it faster with no luck. Before going back i tried to install a p3 kernel with no success, it rendered CM6 useless with it saying the battery was dead. So im back to BB and reading what everyone else has to say. I was really looking forward to this Rom and will possibly try the actual release if things are changed.

Upvote 0
I'm digging the fact that CM is back on my phone! In the past I have always loved the CM ROMs and this one doesn't disappoint! Full screen with the native browser is back!!!

I hate most white notification bars but I loaded up the Droid X theme (thank you Fabolous!) and it is actually a really nice theme prevalent thought the ROM. Running Chevy's 1.1 ULV kernel and only having one issue thus far...

Trying to change the sampling rate and Up Threshold on SetCPU and despite having "Set on Boot" checked...it reverts to 30000 (SR) and 93 (UT) every time I reboot. It also keeps telling me that "SetCPU has been granted Superuser permissions everytime I change a setting. Anyone else? If I find a solution, I'll post it.

Upvote 0
If you're running this ROM, go into the CM settings, in the Performance settings, Turn off surface dithering, and set VM heap size to 32....better performance, no appreciable impact on stability/graphics rendering.

Damademan3, no two droids are alike, and one person's perfect ROM may not be the best for another. However, if you actually had bad performance w/CM6 there was something messed up w/your install...but glad you're happy again w/BB.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Damademan3, no two droids are alike, and one person's perfect ROM may not be the best for another. However, if you actually had bad performance w/CM6 there was something messed up w/your install...but glad you're happy again w/BB.

It may of been ADW, it lags on my phone a little so thats why i use Launcherpro. Ill give it another shot when the release comes.

Upvote 0
I am new to Rooting and adding in Roms, I need a little help, I downloaded CM6 with ROM Manager, rebooted in recovery following the prompts in ROM Manager, but when it reboots in recovery that is where I get lost, I cannot seem to find the file anywhere to select on the sd card. Where does ROM Manager and Clockworkrom save the file when I download it through ROM Manager..... any help would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones