3.1%

Last Updated:

1. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's in ROM Manager

But I'm getting a download error :'(

***** ROM Reviews *****

Review by emdmao
    [Hide]Clockwork and sprecovery supported. Initial boot took approximately 5 minutes. All apps visible in market synced correctly (remember with froyo not all apps will show in the market, this is likely not because of the ROM rather the apps dev needs to update). Sync and apps restored in 15 minutes.

Responsiveness and speed with stock kernel was very average.

After loading jdflg's 1.2 32 v2.0 kernel I scored quadrant scores maxing at ~1590. Not the highest I've ever scored, but nonetheless very good.

Battery life is very good. After testing for 3 days I have been getting between 15-17 hours with above average use.

No custom scripts. Other features include full screen browser, native options to change notification bar/clock/date, etc colors, optional music controls on lock screen, power control widget has added option to disable data to save battery (you can still make phone calls), reboot and reboot into recovery options, disable prompt asking if you want to reboot, ability to remove clock from status bar, display battery percent, display signal strength in status bar, ability to move all apps2sd including stock apps, additional messaging settings, built-in black list.

Bugs found were some app shortcuts not displaying properly on screens after reboot, and (not sure if this is a bug or not) when using fullscreen in browser and switching bookmarks you will see two bars until the new page is loaded. No solutions found.

Limited availability of themes found here Motorola Droid Themes - CyanogenMod Forum

I flashed the black bar mod with blue battery display and appeared that it wasn't displaying correctly. (I would be at 70% but it would show full

Felt as smooth as RC1 but not as fast as other ROMs (specifically succulent desire and kangerade). Still very very good. One other thing I noticed was that the screen display seemed 'off' when running quadrant, the numbers at the bottom were cut off.

The biggest bug is with the new superuser app that this ROM comes with. It does not work correctly with set on boot apps and apps that use widgets to click (such as cachemate). You will have to open setcpu after boot and toggle the speed. The solution is to flash the older version of superuser and it will replace the newer one. Everything works fine afterwards.

I gave it a 4/5. Based simply on performance it would be 3/5, but the additional features are simply amazing and nearly make it elite. It is still release candidate so hopefully the final release we will see a little better performance and more features bumping this ROM to elite status.[/Hide]

Review by SoDroid
    [Hide]Installation & Set up
    Installation was very fast. The first boot took 2 minutes. Apps synced in about 11 minutes and download all but 2 apps, Pure Calendar and Ultimate Juice. The weird thing was, when I searched for Pure Calendar in the market, I could not find it. (I did not perform the market fix)I restored a version from Titanium Backup. I also restored my app data using TiBU. I tested the usual suspects, maps, Bluetooth voice dialing, and paid market apps. All seem to be working, and for some reason my maps is accurate again! Yesterday it was showing me what end of my apartment I was on. My maps location had been off by about a block for months. I used Launcher Pro to restore my screens and it was fast and easy, just replaced the widgets.

Speed and Performance with Stock Kernel
    Running the stock 800mhz kernel for about a day, I felt it was very capable and fairly battery friendly. I did have to make some setting adjustments in order to achieve optimal performance, those changes are posted here. I also suggest flashing Superuser 2.1, it seems to play nicer with CM, and faster. Find it here. I did minus a half of a point due to the necessity of the tweaks and the fact that they are not explained in the OP for the rom. I was happy with the performance of the stock kernel, but admittedly I do not run 800mhz kernels. I need at least a 1ghz to keep me happy

Short Bench: 248ms
    Long Bench: 637ms
    Quadrant: 1073

Rom Speed with Chevy

Advertisement
  2. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

I don't see any mention of it over at their site.

3. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

There is nothing on Twitter about it either...

4. doriean

doriean New Member

Im Seeing The Same Thing On My Moto droid...Running CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1
    With Android 2.2 Adobe Flash 10.1 And Skyfire...

Maybe There Uploading It As We Speak...Will Find Out Soon Enough...

Cant Wait...

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Hmm, everytime I try to dl RC2 and install it keeps installing RC1 over and over again?
    Alright, I updated CW, and now it seems to be downloading properly. Will report back on changes. StewartChamp already said that the Watermark'd theme should be compatible so I'm crossing my fingers.

6. breadnatty08

Huh, there's an additional selection in the Power control widget with an up and down arrow; no idea what that's about (it's not the sync because that's still there)? Reintalling the theme and kernel now.

7. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

sweeeet. On my day off too, perfect.

8. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

That is my current issue.

9. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

According to their site rc2 isn't available yet, but will be soon.

10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

It's up on ROM Manager now, and there is also a direct link here - but ROM Manager is the easiest way to get it:

http://androidforums.com/roms-droid/131710-cyanogenmod-6-0-0-rc2.html

Don't have a change log...evidently it's using the FRF91 gapps. There's also a new icon in the power widget to kill 3G data. The default superuser may still have issues w/setting permissions on boot...I'm still applying superuser 2.1 over it until things are confirmed. SU 2.1 if you want it is attached - apply from CW recovery.

Droid - maybe you can update your OP to reflect current status.

Attached Files:

11. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Ok, got updated to RC2.

Will get the framework and gmail themes out real quick.

12. breadnatty08

Yep, it appears to kill the data connection. Kind of cool. I wonder if it'd help conserve battery better than turning off sync (assuming you aren't using the phone outside of phone calls)?

13. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Installed and restored apps via the market fine. The new power control icon to disable 3g is a really cool idea. Still getting everything set up.

If you apply the 2.1 su does it override the su app thats included? (I did have the setcpu on boot issue with rc1, but never bothered to change anything)

14. breadnatty08

Was the CM "render fx" widget part of RC1? Don't see the point of it, but thought it was kind of cool.

15. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was there. I just noticed in the settings that you can display signal strength in the status bar, is this new? Pretty awesome.

RC2 is very stable, not a single issue. Going to try out some kernels now :D

16. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Since it's RC2 I'm going to try installing without wiping. We'll see if that works or if I'm going to have to start from scratch.

I do find it a little tedious restoring data. ;-)

17. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

w00t! Working perfectly...

18. squaresailor

squaresailor Active Member

Totally agree. I haven't wiped data or cache since switching to froyo with BB. Switched to Cyan's RC1 and now updated to RC2 with no troubles.

19. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

rolling stock theme,SU2.1 and Market fix with Chevy's ulv 1000mhz kernel and it is flying.

20. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Be sure to check your Recovery too. I had to update it to get it to work.

21. kenneth.j.kruger

kenneth.j.kruger New Member

Same issue with Rom Manager continually informing me of an update that I cannot successfully update to.

I have cleared the download cache -- update was unsuccessful.
    Re-cleared cache & selected the package from the list (not the update message) -- update was unsuccessful.

In all attempts I never had it wipe first, figured it should be able to 'update' the different files.

Will try next to clear cache, select 6-RC2 from list individually, and do a wipe/clean install...
    * fingers crossed *

22. jackburnt

I take back what I said: I can't get it to install. It downloads and seems to be installing GApps, but does something and boots into 1

23. kenneth.j.kruger

kenneth.j.kruger New Member

Motorola Droid
    Recovery: ClockworkMod v2.5.0.1
    ROM: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Droid-RC1

Re-installed 'ROM Manager' from Market (no update was available).
    Deleted: /sdcard/download/ (entire directory)

'ROM Manager'
    Download ROM, CyanogenMod, CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2, (Download)
    Home Application = ADWLauncher
    Google Apps (check)
    ... wait for 3 of 3 downloads to complete ...
    Notifications say; "CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 (1 of 3)", "Google Apps (3 of 3)"
    (It skipped the "2 of 3" -- never posted any download info ... bug?)

ROM Pre-Installation
    Backup Existing ROM [X]
    Wipe Data and Cache [X]

Reboot And Install
    Press OK to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation.
    [OK]

Phone rebooted, did its backup as instructed,
    During install .. "Installing update...", "Welcome to CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Droid-RC2!"

Rebooted.
    See the Moto 'M' (almost 20 second duration)
    See the CyanogenMod 'X' flutter. (lost count -- long wait here)

Came up to a fresh install (as instructed).

Settings, About phone, CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Droid-RC2 !!! yea -- success!

I am unsure if NOT wiping would have had the same result.

24. jackburnt

Got it to work!

Try downloading it like a fresh, new rom. That worked for me.

25. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Ah, gotta dust of the 'ol Droid and give this one a try :D