CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

1. True_Legend22

True_Legend22 Member

I've enabled the Haptic feedback, but still no luck, I'm not getting any vibration.
  2. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member

Go to Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Input>Haptic Feedback Tweaks>Haptic Feedback Main>Haptic feedback up>Haptic screen items>Set Up Pattern>Drag slider to 100>Save :)
    True_Legend22 likes this.
  3. True_Legend22

True_Legend22 Member

Dude you rock, greatly appreciate this:)
  4. pyro12345

pyro12345 Active Member

I've been using Android 2.2 for almost one week now and I am more than happy. I have a few questions I have to ask.

Is there a way to group the applications in main menu like there was in 2.1? I had system apps divided by a line from downloaded apps.

Is there a guide on how to overclock the processor? If so, could I have the link?

Is there a link where I can find good 3D games? I saw on youtube someone running The sims 3 on GT540 very similar to the one for iPhone/iPod touch.

Thanks
  5. dudeman1996

6. dudeman1996

Brilliant! :D

I'm afraid there isn't a way to do this because in 2.1, LG put in their own homescreen launcher, so they added that feature in.. Sorry

To overclock the processor, download SetCPU from here and install it to your phone, then open the app and choose 'Detect settings automatically' then drag the 'Max' slider to how high you want to overclock your phone to, the higher the more performance speed, but less battery, also don't go higher than 846MHz as the phone will just restart and go back down to 600MHz :)

As for the Sims 3, the game came with 2.1 because LG included it, but searching on the Market just says that its not compatible with my device, when it was before. You could search for it on Google (link) and try if it works. :) :D
  7. rocky7012

rocky7012 Well-Known Member

so, did are you using 2.3 already?
  8. pyro12345

pyro12345 Active Member

So, about The Sims 3. I found it, installed it and works great. Doesn't need overclocking but it needs a task killer because it requires every drop of RAM in phone. Didn't have any force closes and graphics are really nice

Warning: After you close the application, it stays on and uses 27% of battery. I can not kill it with task manager or Android "Force Close" system. I gues it requires a reboot
  9. dudeman1996

Yepp, I'm using it, but I'll continue to help the people here who want to use 2.2 and have any problems! :) :D
  10. dudeman1996

Ah, I see I guess maybe that's why they don't allow us to download it from the Market. Then again, the phone is a low end phone with bad specs :p
  11. True_Legend22

True_Legend22 Member

Upon updating to 2.2, various programmes are installed on the phone which were previously not there before e.g. Dev Tools, DSPManager, Root Explorer, Spare Parts, Super User, and Terminal Emulator. Would you be able to give me a brief description of what each of these applications do, as I don’t wanna go around clicking on apps I’m not familiar with the end result of having a damaged phone. Help would be appreciated:)

Also is there anyway for me to download SETCPU free of charge?
  12. dudeman1996

Dev Tools are tools that developers use to test out their applications and other things on the phone

DSP Manager is an equalizer

Root Explorer is a file manager that allows you to modify system files as well as the SD card

Spare parts is similar to Dev Tools

SuperUser is an app that controls which apps are allowed to have 'root' access to the phone (root access is basically being able to modify any part of the phone) what SuperUser does is when an application wants to gain 'root' access - modify/use system files it makes a pop up appear asking if you want the app to be able to gain 'root' access

Terminal Emulator is basically cmd for Android because Android is based on Linux, so you can use Terminal to do similar commands to cmd.

If you want to uninstall any of these applications, you may do so by downloading 'Titanium Backup' (Market Link) from the Market and uninstalling apps you don't want. Warning don't uninstall Google apps like GMail, Talk etc. because they are needed for system functionality and you will end up having to reinstall the ROM.

To download SetCPU, get it from here: SetCPU :)

Hope this helps! :D
  13. True_Legend22

True_Legend22 Member

Dude I utterly thank you!!! Btw what
  14. dudeman1996

15. ulsterman7

ulsterman7 New Member

16. dudeman1996

Does the phone eventually boot into Android? You don't need recovery to overclock the phone..
  17. ulsterman7

ulsterman7 New Member

yeah the phone does work, just the screen stays blank untill it fully loads... i read somewhere that i needed to go into recovery and open something in there? do you know how to overclock the phone??
  18. Praccy

Praccy Well-Known Member

LOL look up about 4 or 5 posts m8 :) download and use the App setcpu.
  19. pyro12345

pyro12345 Active Member

Why can't I use the "Physical button" when i'm taking a photo in camera. only way for me to capture a photo is by pressing the button on the touch screen. Is that a cyanogen bug or it can be enabled in setting?
  20. dudeman1996

You need to download SetCPU from here and install it to your phone. Then open it and click 'Auto detect settings' then drag the slider to how high you want to overclock to (recommended around 750MHz) and click Set on boot. Do not set it any higher than 846MHz or the phone will just restart and you might have to reflash the ROM.

:D
  21. dudeman1996

Sorry this is just a bug that hasn't been sorted yet, might get fixed when someone continues Quarx's work.. :)
  22. rocky7012

dude, i downloaded the program and (i think) installed the drivers and then after that theres a button which says Start Updating. If i click that would my 2.1 be updated to 2.2 or would just erase all my files and still remain on 2.1???
  23. javed91214

javed91214 New Member

Hi,
    i am using LG GT 540.
    recently i upgrade my phone to Android 2.3, it's working fine but i a having some issue like Seach Option is not working & voice Search also not working .
    when i typ a msg on kyboard showning mic tab. when i click on that it's also not working .
    please suggest me.
    what is the problem & how to resolve it.

Thanks
    :)Javed Khan:)
  24. acarrot

acarrot Active Member

Hi, This is my first post. I have been happy with the android 2.1 LG upgrade, but would like to try 2.2 or 2.3. I would like the wireless tethering available in 2.2.

I have followed the instructions but am having problems with the very first couple of steps!!

I have rooted the handset (which is great), and backed it up, but cannot successfully run the KDW_FW_UPD application. I have tried on 2 different pcs running 64 bit win 7. The port is not found on one machine, and the program would not run on the other, a laptop. Both machines seem to run the usb driver ok, and beep happily when the phone is plugged in. The device manager identifies a LGE Android Platform USB device on both machines, but the KDW...software does not seem to see it ok on one machine. I have downloaded both the UK and the European zip files. I am in Australia.

So, I was wondering if there is an alternative program for putting the kdz file onto the handset?

Thanks in advance.

Robert
  25. rocky7012

dude, exactly how long does it take to reboot after installing cyanogenmod??