Maybe not.....darn it

3. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

4. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

It's in rom manager.

5. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member

Having an issue and I am not sure what the cause is. It seems that 6.0.0 is not releasing and allowing Rom Manager to upgrade.

I try to update it, asks to backup and wipe (I select both) it reboots directly to the white Motorola "M" circle, flash's that twice then just loads up 6.0.0 again.

I have never had that issue before, any suggestions?

Viro

6. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member

Nevermind, it seems that if I "don't" select "Backup or Wipe Data" it will work.... Odd

Hope it was just a bug....

Viro

7. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the link!

8. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

ROM Manager shows 6.1.0, but my Droid running RC5 says there is no update for that ROM. Is 6.1.0 just the RC5 renamed without the RC designation??

9. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

Loving the new features (especially the power control in the notification bar—that was an inspired addition!), but there are a few random bugs that I was wondering if anyone else had run across...

1. Tasker will not restore from Titanium Backup, nor is it visible on the Market. It seems to be the only app this is happening with; all of my other apps restored just fine, and nothing else seems to be missing from the Market.

2. Voice Search FCs, no matter whether I accessed it by long-pressing the Search key or by opening it from the app drawer.

10. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Well-Known Member

Got 6.1 installed and good to go after doing a full wipe.

@Pengiussimo - I was able to load Voice Search. I am at work, so I couldn't really test it out more, but it opened fine, no FC. You may be talking about using it a little further before the FC.

Now I just gotta decide which launcher to stick with. With 6.0, I was using LauncherPro, but it would FC 99% of the time when rebooting, and I would just need to re-load it. Decisions decisions...

11. lcc337

lcc337 New Member

I updated to the new stable cyanogenmod 6.1 and cannot get my foursquare, tweetdeck, and twitter apps on it. Anyone else having this prob? I wiped before installing the ROM. I was on the last RC before upgrading to the stable Rom

12. CyberPitz

Just curious, what Kernals are people using with 6.1 now?

13. xsoulbrothax

xsoulbrothax Active Member

I'm using Slayher's 1.1 LFY on Interactive, no real special considerations/profiles for the screen being off yet.

I haven't hit any major issues yet with apps not working - TiBu took 1.5 tries to restore everything going from LFY->6.1RC5, but backing up from 6.1RC5->6.1 it got all the apps back in one shot.

14. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

I've been using the CM nightly builds for quite a while now... I've noticed that I occaisionally get FC's on the google apps (like Voice Search) right after I install a new nightly build. To fix it I just remove the app with TiBu, reboot, and install it from the market.

15. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

Weird, I just tried wiping and re-installing for the third time, and everything worked fine. The only thing I did differently this time was download the ZIP files from the CM site and install them manually in recovery, rather than using ROM Manager as I had the first two times. Perhaps there's some bug in ROM Manager's handling of the install (and/or wipe)?

At any rate, it's hard not to suggest this to anyone having issues. A quick Google reveals that I'm not the only one who's gotten slightly wonky results from ROM Manager.

16. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member

New to CM, is there a way to block ads? No scripts that I can see.

17. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

There's an app called "AdFree" that has worked well for me. Only thing I get anymore are the in-stream audio ads in Pandora, which can't be blocked.

After 2 days of trying to download CM6.1 I was able to DL without any issues this morning. Still setting it up, but my favorite feature so far is allowing a vibrate and silent option when using the volume rocker. Missed that feature the past few months. . .

EAK128 likes this.
  18. Nuance

Nuance Active Member

Unfortunately this runs terrible on my phone, even with different kernels. Bummer.

19. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

That's what I use too. Works perfectly...like no ads in Angry Birds, etc. I just have to reinstall the host entries via the adfree app after upgrading to a new rom. Hosts file gets wiped when you install a new one.

Joe

20. CyberPitz

Oddly enough, from 6.0 and Chevy1's Kernals to 6.1 and Slayer's...I'm running infinitely faster and more reliable.

This is the best version of CM yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

21. scutzi128

scutzi128 Well-Known Member

Anyone having an issue flashing clockwork recovery with the included rom manager? I flash it and it says is is flashed but when I try to boot into it it just goes to sp recovery. Any one know what is up?

Edit: Manually installed google apps. Updated rom manager from market and fixed permissions. Then I reflashed clockwork and all is good.

22. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

Did a straight upgrade no wipe from 6.1 RC5, no problems. Slayer 1.6 kernel 1200 LV. Runs great.

23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Sounds like it's working great for folks. Haven't been on CM since UD 1.0. Just flashed 2.4 this morning with some fun Gingerbread ports, but perhaps I'll have to give CM another shot. (btw, UD has the power controls in the notification pull down as well)

24. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

anyone else getting a bug where when someone calls you the slider things to answer is upside down?

25. xsoulbrothax

xsoulbrothax Active Member

Nope, definitely not. Sounds like fun though!