• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod-6 RC2 Released today.

Results?

If you updated from RC1 to RC2, let us know how you're liking it.

Hows performance, battery life, what kernel you are running?

I'm login it,snapv7 Kernel OC@1.22Ghz:),I get pretty good battery life with not so heavy use.But most of it lots of web browsing and txt,music to on the way home.I get about 14hrs +- on a single charge while OC@1.22 to me it doesn't get any better than this so far.The phone feels pretty smooth and responsive,performance is unbelievable and best thing about it,its freaking fast.

Upvote 0
I'm login it,snapv7 Kernel OC@1.22Ghz:),I get pretty good battery life with not so heavy use.But most of it lots of web browsing and txt,music to on the way home.I get about 14hrs +- on a single charge while OC@1.22 to me it doesn't get any better than this so far.The phone feels pretty smooth and responsive,performance is unbelievable and best thing about it,its freaking fast.

What version of the Snap 7 Kernel are you running? I flashed back to the stock kernel just prior to ramping up to RC2, but I think I will go ahead to upgrade the kernel.

Are you using 7.0, 7.1, 7.01 or 7.11? Are you also using the SD Card swap included with either 7.1 or 7.11? And... (lots of questions) if you are using the swap, what class is your SD Card and how's performance?

Upvote 0
What version of the Snap 7 Kernel are you running? I flashed back to the stock kernel just prior to ramping up to RC2, but I think I will go ahead to upgrade the kernel.

Are you using 7.0, 7.1, 7.01 or 7.11? Are you also using the SD Card swap included with either 7.1 or 7.11? And... (lots of questions) if you are using the swap, what class is your SD Card and how's performance?

I'm tuning 7.1.I did not do the whole SD Card partition since I have the stock class2 cad and I didn't feel like buying a class6.Performance as of now is just right,I bet I will be better when decide to get that card and go to the whole process of flashing 7.0. Pleople have been getting over 2000+ quadrant.

Upvote 0
I'm tuning 7.1.I did not do the whole SD Card partition since I have the stock class2 cad and I didn't feel like buying a class6.Performance as of now is just right,I bet I will be better when decide to get that card and go to the whole process of flashing 7.0. Pleople have been getting over 2000+ quadrant.
2200 on quadrant here :D

Upvote 0
Hows the battery life?

When I used RC1 it was the worst battery life I've ever seen on a phone. My phone would lose 50% over night. It was absurd. Ended up uninstalling and going with Fresh and everything is right in the world.

The battery life for me is phenomenal.

10 hours unplugged with 2.5 hours on phone, 1 hour browsing web, close to 100 texts, over 50 emails, facebook browsing and still at 74%.

It's like night and day between RC1 and RC2 for me.
Though I didn't notice oddly poor battery with RC1, the battery life did become horrible when I flashed the Snap V7.b kernel. The creator of that kernel outwardly acknowledged there was an anomaly causing horrendous battery life in that beta kernel. Supposedly the new V7 kernels do not exhibit the same issues, but for now I am sticking with the stock CM6 RC2 kernel.

Upvote 0
My battery life isn't very good so far. I made one 7 minute call and I'm at 84% after being unplugged for 2 hours. I'm gonna give it a couple days and if it doesn't improve I'll be going going back to Fresh where I could easily go two days without charging.

???

Let's just review, not b/c I think you didn't so something you should have, but simply b/c I hope you didn't simply so that you can get better performance.

Before you flashed RC2, you did full wipe and wiped Dalvik? You upgraded to latest radio.. 2.15.00.07.28, you wiped again, you flashed RC2 then flashed new Gapps package?

You are using Amon Ra Recovery?
You disabled Google Talk?

Did you flash a Snap kernel of any kind?

Oh, also I am using Set CPU and that may have a major affect in my performance vs yours.

Set CPU setting:

Max: 1113600
Min: 128000
ON Demand - Set on Boot

Profiles:
Temp>50C : MAX/MIN: 128 (Priority 100) POWERSAVE
Screen Off: MAX/MIN: 245 (priority 97) POWERSAVE
Battery < 25%: Max: 499 Min: 245 (Priority 85) CONSERVATIVE
Chaging/Full: Max: 1113 Min: 768 (Priority 80) INTERACTIVE

Upvote 0
I did all of the above except I used clockwork manually. I actually flashed and wiped caches and did a installed a second time just in case. I don't mess with kernels yet and I don't use setcpu.

Thanks for posting your setcpu settings. I tried it on a previous rom and uninstalled because I wasn't 100% sure what the best setting were. I'll have to give it another go in a couple days if if I don't see an improvement in battery life.

Upvote 0
I did all of the above except I used clockwork manually. I actually flashed and wiped caches and did a installed a second time just in case. I don't mess with kernels yet and I don't use setcpu.

Thanks for posting your setcpu settings. I tried it on a previous rom and uninstalled because I wasn't 100% sure what the best setting were. I'll have to give it another go in a couple days if if I don't see an improvement in battery life.

Well clockwork notoriously has issues not properly or completely clearing data and cache. But the biggest difference will be in you not using set cpu. Having the cpu scale down when the screen is off or in other situations vastly improves battery life.

Sorry, but you have the info if you do decide to use set cpu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones