Root CyanogenMod 6/Skyraider - will the barcode scanner work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by worknman, Jul 19, 2010.

1. worknman

worknman Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Having done some reading, I understand that the camera doesn't work in Froyo builds for the Incredible. So I guess that means the barcode scanner won't work either? I wasn't sure if the camera not working meant that you couldn't take/store photos, or if the whole thing was completely unusable.

I don't use the camera for anything except the barcode scanner, so if that part works, then I'm good to go :)

But if not, are there any stock Android 2.1 builds for Incredible? So far, this is the closest thing I've found:

[ROM][STOCK] pmf v1.2 |YASR|OTA| UPDATE: BUGFIXES AND OTA VERSION! - xda-developers

The only thing I use in Sense is the keyboard, so would love to get rid of it :)

Advertisement

2. alanthing

alanthing Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    The camera looks like it can't be fixed until the .32 kernel gets added, and so far it appears everyone's using .29.

3. sucker4pa1n

sucker4pa1n Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    3D1X3 RF Transmission Systems Journeyman
    Andrews AFB, MD
    I'm on the same boat regarding vanilla android. I'd love to experience Google's basic UI on my Inc without it being altered by HTC. *shrug* Might come around eventually, but I don't know of anything aside from the one you mentioned.