• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

Hroark just wanted to mention something that i seem to have run into cant see thats its
been posted yet.. I really do text alot especially with my ladyfriends lol but last nite
and few minutes ago i had them forward my texts bak cause they didt know wat it meant
it seams that after awile of texting normally it starts just showing up as numeric codes
just wanted to mention.. but im looking into some of the bug fixes....

Upvote 0
Hroark just wanted to mention something that i seem to have run into cant see thats its
been posted yet.. I really do text alot especially with my ladyfriends lol but last nite
and few minutes ago i had them forward my texts bak cause they didt know wat it meant
it seams that after awile of texting normally it starts just showing up as numeric codes

wow that is weird

anyone else having that issue

Upvote 0

:p lol not me. i was texting yesterday and they were replied with no prblems. did you install any hotfix? yesterday i only had hotfix 1.

Upvote 0
I didn't see this posted anywhere (might be common knowledge)

The 3g indicator isn't showing in or out data (even thought I'm actively using data).

Also, is there supposed to be an animation for when youre downloading something? Cause it shows its downloading but there's no animation. The animation works correctly when. installing something."

Also also, with froyo, my antenatal would typically show 3 to 5 bars indoors and usually 5 and 6 bars outside. While now I get 1 to 2 bars indoors and only 3 bars outside. I Rarely see 4 bars outside. Not complaining. Just reporting :)

Upvote 0
wow that is weird

anyone else having that issue

Former lurker that finally joined mainly to assist with us finally getting CM7. I have lurked this site since the Prevail had it's own forum. Most of the bugs are not that annoying really. Registered to say I have the exact same issue that DanielMike experienced. I had someone say that I sent a text with jibberish as well. I noticed that it only happened when I sent a message that extended the text character limit, but will send as multiple messages. From my end it was a normal message but she literally sent back that my message was @ 7x 7^#"] 0 k etc...just alot of random characters. When I broke the message up into two text messages I no longer had this issue. So that may be a temporary workaround. Appreciate all the hard work you have put into this hroark and the rest of the team.

Upvote 0
Former lurker that finally joined mainly to assist with us finally getting CM7. I have lurked this site since the Prevail had it's own forum. Most of the bugs are not that annoying really. Registered to say I have the exact same issue that DanielMike experienced. I had someone say that I sent a text with jibberish as well. I noticed that it only happened when I sent a message that extended the text character limit, but will send as multiple messages. From my end it was a normal message but she literally sent back that my message was @ 7x 7^#"] 0 k etc...just alot of random characters. When I broke the message up into two text messages I no longer had this issue. So that may be a temporary workaround. Appreciate all the hard work you have put into this hroark and the rest of the team.

hmmm I am not sure what the limits are on text messages, but i am sure there is one

maybe some of you can install another texting app and see what happens with that

Upvote 0

i was able to reproduce this

i sent myself a text message that exceeded the 145 character limit

and it was all garbled

nice find

i have no clue how to fix it

Reactions: Riotpump
Upvote 0
Wish I had half the talent of you and your team. The prevail is my first actual smartphone. I held out forever buying one until they came to the no contract providers(mainly due to the fact I had and don't want a contract again). However I have tested and tried to break practically everything you guys have put out. Whether that was your work, Shabby's or Blue's. Fortunately I rarely experienced any major bugs and had no problem just patiently waiting for an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones