• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

Well now I cant see Quadrant Ranked in the market

I need to figure out why some apps show and why some dont

Is it dependent on model info in the prop file

Are there different versions of the Vending.apk

The Vending.apk that showed Quadrant Ranked but not Currents, and WeatherBug was from the Stock EJ06 rom

The Vending APK we have now is from the original gapps zip I posted

I wish I knew how to make it show all apps, becuase this is annoying

Upvote 0
Hot fix 2 does display boost mobile a carrier... But it gives me the same 3 fc's at boot... Pandora, Amazon market, and titanium... Nothing major (and probably causes by permission fix)... wiping cache didn't help... Will see if reinstalling these apps does...

As I'm typing this I have noticed that my home button is broken and setttings wont stick...

EDIT: ended up doing a factory reset... hotfix seemed to stick

Appled the hf2 and did the fix permissions after reboot had fcs like a motha f er tryed wipeing data didn't work I reinstalled cm with hf2 with out applying the fix permissions works fine
Also when I did the fix I lost control of my home button

Upvote 0
Appled the hf2 and did the fix permissions after reboot had fcs like a motha f er tryed wipeing data didn't work I reinstalled cm with hf2 with out applying the fix permissions works fine

but if you did not do fix permissions, the APN may not be there

can you use Voice Dialer and say "OPEN A P NS"

and check if you have an APN listed

Upvote 0
how do i know if i am base band version ejo6 i am new at this. i have done all the beta but when i update this one i get a boot loop.

have you ever had the GB stock ROM on your phone?

you can tell the Baseband by going into settings - about phone

If you dont have the EJ06 baseband you will need to use Odin to load it

Upvote 0
i have had all your gb stock roms you made i am at ee 14 base band how do i use odin to get it to ejo6

i have not made any GB stock roms, I have made some Froyo Odin Images

this zip files has what you need, unzip it on your windows based computer and use Odin to flash the phone.tar

EJ06BASEBAND.zip

if you have troube refer to the Odin thread

Reactions: divadkcul
Upvote 0
i installed beta 35 i got it working and it went into the usb connection screen than i skipped it bc i didn't want to b connected and now that i want to i plug my phone in and it wont let me connect to my computer

reboot phone

reboot computer

try different usb port/ cable

try different sd card

Upvote 0
i am trying putting the new samsung ports on because when i rebooted my computer the usb connection symbol came on but turn off when it got into the os i rebooted my phone already

This is what you should have done

Upgrade baseband to EJ06 with Odin
Install CWM 5 if you did not already have version 5
In CWM5 install cm-7.1.0-HROARK-beta35.zip
Immediately after with out rebooting install beta35_hotfix2.zip
Immediately after with out rebooting go into advanced menu of CWM and fix permissions

Upvote 0
This is what you should have done

Upgrade baseband to EJ06 with Odin
Install CWM 5 if you did not already have version 5
In CWM5 install cm-7.1.0-HROARK-beta35.zip
Immediately after with out rebooting install beta35_hotfix2.zip
Immediately after with out rebooting go into advanced menu of CWM and fix permissions

i got the new samsung ports and replaced them with the old version i had and it work i guess since it a new version it need new software

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones