1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

1. Enzosdad

Enzosdad Well-Known Member

Slow-Mo Phone? Yeah my phone keeps going really slow for short periods-as if all memory is used up- mostly when i unlock it

CM7
    HF2
    a2sd
  2. Enzosdad

3. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Can you pm me what exactly u did
  4. MissZombie

MissZombie Member

I noticed my MMS was a little messed up too.
    So, mavrikmeercat, did you have to restore the stock rom before re-flashing CM7 and the hotfix2? Or can you just flash both over the current roms?
  5. Enzosdad

Re-flash CM7-Dont reboot-Flash HF2-Dont reboot-Fix permissions-Reboot :) enjoy
    mavrikmeercat and MissZombie like this.
  6. Shitididit2

Shitididit2 Well-Known Member

Fresh install:
    Stock ROM with gb ejo6 update 2.3.5
    Then:
    CM7 HKs beta 3.5
    Hf2
    Cleanedit3
    Tried with fix permission and without fix permission

Video screen over exposed and can't be adjusted.

Camera settings that don't work:
    Solarize, posterize, aqua. "Not a big deal"
    Double tap camera or video screen and get fc
    Is there a way to get proper sound from speaker phone while in a
    Call? it's too low on my end and comes through front and
    rear speaker at the same time and people on other end get
    feedback.
    I've read in some posts where some of you say you don't have
    the speaker phone issue during a call and that's great but I do ;(
    I have tried all sound settings on phone from system/sound/ even
    Dsp manager etc. My head phones work proper.
  7. Enzosdad

DOnt reboot till all is flash or MMS will mess up---only way was bale fix with mine and couple others- and its sure way everything is loaded correctly and same time at boot
  8. Shitididit2

Has anyone figured out the speaker issue while talking on phone?
    To low and comes from rear speaker.
    Is there something in 'build.prop' to fix video and speaker phone?:rolleyes:
  9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Well-Known Member

Sorry but if you can't read then you don't need to use it. Not to be rude but its fairly clear if you read it. Yes it could be better but still whats it matter if its not 100% clear. He has a change log and all info that is there are instructions.

FYI the files listed (currently) are:
    CM7 Beta: cm-7.1.0-HROARK-beta35.zip
    Hot Fix 2: beta35_hotfix2.zip

Not that hard, open the 1st file and use the files from the HF to overwrite the original files and save it.
    hroark13 likes this.
  10. MissZombie

MissZombie Member

Thank you for posting the links. I've tried re-installing for the second time now, but I'm still having a couple problems. It took someone else three times before it was perfect, so I'll try these files and replace the ones on my sdcard.
  11. mavrikmeercat

mavrikmeercat Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't replied right away. Been busy at work..
    Enzosdad posted it right.. just to comfirm

delete the files on your sdcard and re download 3.5beta and hotfix2.. (i think I kept getting crappy downloads)

boot in to cwm
    install zip from sdcard
    choose zip from sdcard
    flash cm7_HROARK_3.5beta.zip
    let it run till its finished
    go back
    install zip from sdcard
    choose zip from sdcard
    flash hotfix2
    let it run
    go back and go to advanced-->fix permissions
    reboot system now

you should be good. if not try again till you get it..
    MissZombie likes this.
  12. worked perfect except i had to install the other zip before i could install cm7 thanks alot now if i only could get wifi to work .:confused:
  13. divadkcul

divadkcul Well-Known Member

can u put resident evil boot animation on this mod
  14. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

the animation, yes. The boot sound, no. Boot sounds are not enabled in this ROM(yet?)
    Animation is located in /system/media. Flashing the zip in cwm SHOULD work, but if not, just extract the bootanimation.zip from it, place it on your sd card and copy/paste it in the appropriate folder
  15. trenchkato

trenchkato Well-Known Member

Has anyone been playing with the dalvik can heap size? Seems like turning the heap down from 64 to 12 or 16 makes the phone smoother and a better multitasker
    mavrikmeercat likes this.
  16. WNDRazoR

WNDRazoR Well-Known Member

How would I go about getting the Ice Cream Sandwich Screen lock on this CM7 without WidgetLocker b/c I haven't been using the paid one and it keeps giving me some error about not having the licensing
  17. mavrikmeercat

mavrikmeercat Well-Known Member

dont go to 12. It can be bad..Somebody said it causes bootloops in the first posts I got mine at 32 and its much smoother. haven't had much time to play around with it too much.
  18. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Well-Known Member

Animation = yes
    Sound = yes
    I have used bac lite from the market installed the sound lib and picked a song I've been doing this sense shabbymods

Now I'm running cm7 hf2 with nexus custom boot with beanth the massacre sound so don't say no
  19. WNDRazoR

WNDRazoR Well-Known Member

when i try to boot my phone in recovery im getting an error about e: not being mounted or something, anyone able to help?
  20. Yes, this is official if u ask me, well after the hfix2 everything runs smooth, thank you guys sooooo much
  21. Excuse me, how do i get sound on my custom boot??? Bac lite??? What is that???
  22. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

I was not aware of this solution, my apologies. but you still had to enable it yourself. So, as is, it doesn't work. I flashed the zip and have no sound. Only animation
  23. Shitididit2

no its not just you, I have the same problem also. And can't seem to get a fix for it.
  24. joefanelli

joefanelli Active Member

This rom has turned out to be a real work of art! So far the only issue I'm having is the whole speaker phone out of both front and back. Honestly though, that speaker is so small that having it come out of both has made it easier to hear lol.

Here's my setup/method:

CM7 3.5HF2 with dta2sd (xda version)

1) Backed up everything (TB+Nandroid)
    2) Factory defaulted then odin to GB+root
    3)upgraded Profile and PRL while I had the chance
    4) Flashed CM7 35 and Hotfix 2 one after the other without reboot between
    5) reboot and setup Market/Gmail tried out features for a day without a2sd. Only active glitch is speaker phone.
    6) CWM mounted /data /system and /sd-ext then flashed dt_a2sd xda version. Waited for bootloop then pulled battery for 10 sec then powered on (this may happen twice). It took 4 solid minutes first boot but now runs perfect with all my apps reconnected from SD-ext.

Other than having to redo some settings all is well!! My phone runs faster than ever, battery depletes slow (on demand settings) and GPS is rock solid.

We've all said it but I'll say it again... Hroark sir, you are truly the man. Thanks so much for turning what would have been a cheep-o prepay phone into a real hand held computer standing toe to toe with the more expensive phones.
    murdamitten231 likes this.
  25. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Well-Known Member