Cyanogenmod and otacerts

Last Updated:

1. code1321

code1321 Member This Topic's Starter

so ive been looking around and trying to figure this out but i cant. theres instructions for if youre running droidmod but im on cyanogenmod. since the 2.1 ota came out ive had horrible battery life. my battery would be down to 80% after an hour and a half with me only texting in that time... ive found otacerts.zip in ASTRO but cyanogenmod doesnt have the Check for Updates tab so i cant download it and run it to disable. its just sitting on my phone, i think thats whats draining my battery. i dont know that for sure but thats what ive gathered from reading. can i just delete the file? i just want to get rid of it and hopefully get my better battery life back...

Advertisement
  2. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

As far as I know, OTA is disabled with Cyanogenmod. Could be your kernel?

3. code1321

ive tried other kernels and its still sucky battery life.... ill have to test out some more. weird thing is though that when i flashed Bugless Beast and searched for otacerts it wasnt there but when im on cyanogenmod (which i prefer) it is there.

4. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

No idea. Did you install it through ROM Manager? I get decent battery life using beket (I think that's the name) 1.2 low voltage.

5. code1321

yeah i installed through ROM Manager... im actually running the bekit 7slot 1.2 low voltage kernel as well and my battery life is just horrible (in 4 hours i was down to 40% and all i did was average texting and very light web browsing...im also in philadelphia and usually have a pretty solid signal so its not always searching for it cuz i know that would kill battery too)

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Do you use Profiles to underclock your phone when you're in Sleep/Standby? I use 250/250 but some people's phones don't like to come out of sleep at 250 so you could always do 400/250 or something.

7. code1321

i had a charging profile but i will have to make a sleep/standby one and see if that helps improve battery life.

8. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

It definitely will. By forcing your phone to underclock when the screen is off you might even get better battery life than you did when you were at stock. I always say that at the very least, a sleep/standby profile is completely necessary. You might also want to make the speed drop at 50 degrees Celsius (last option in the profiles list) in case something goes wrong. I also underclock when my battery goes below 31%. Basically, ALL of the profiles are useful! ;)

9. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

I doubt its the otacerts, I THINK they reworked the certs to make it so they can do OTA updates for their rom and rom manager. Thats what it seems to me