CyanogenMod Data: please fix

1. mrgoodpaul

mrgoodpaul Well-Known Member

So I have noticed that since we have the source code, there hasn't been a huge ammount of development for CyanogenMod 9. I really like the CyanogenMod from and would love to see data and mms working on it. I have $75 going to the first person to get this working. I'm not a dev so I don't know how to do this.

Advertisement
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  2. blueracer90

blueracer90 Well-Known Member

It's not because nobody is posting about it that nobody isn't trying to fix it. Currently we are trying to keep one developer on board by getting him VZ service so he can work on it (TDM). Feel free to pitch in there to get data fixed.
  3. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

The source code does not have anything to do with CM9. Our issues with CM9 all lay in the RIL (Radio Interface Layer), which is a part of the system directory. The source code will help with Bluetooth on stock ICS thou, but no one can get the damn thing to boot. Here is a built zImage if anyone wants to work on it.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v7files/zImage_v7src
  4. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

all i know i am about to go back to GB for stability and tethering on my unlimited plan

no matter the ics rom and no matter what i do...my phone reboots. Stock ICS had me pulling my hair. any rom using the hybrid ICS kernel reboots my phone a few time a day. google play update... reboot. pandora ....reboot. image gallery... reboot. sd-card still scanning and i open the camera app.. reboot. recieve a text...reboot. I never get any force closes, just reboots. there is not one thing i have tried in a few of the ics roms that have not caused me a reboot. at times back to back reboots. even if i do not install any apps, i get reboots.

To me this is a kernel issue because the stock is like reboot city and tdm's hybrid kernel still reboots me but not as bad and so many times. Just seems to me there is an IO issue with our current hybrid kernels.
  5. mrgoodpaul

mrgoodpaul Well-Known Member

Have you tried the eclipse rom for ics?? It's a pretty stable rom and very clean. Been my daily driver for a while.