• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod for tribute?

I figured I would start this to see if anyone was interested. I've successfully flashed and am running the cyanogenmod ROM. It's version 12. It's the 5.0 lollipop I believe. Everything is running great so far except very few things! Great ROM! The only real problem I'm having is when I turn my screen of or put it to sleep my battery still drains as though I had not. Other than. That everything is fine. Can easily recover back to the original tribute ROM

Yeah I hear that. I didn't do enough research on it to know that was the problem. I really never use my camera, but there has to be something way around the camera problem right? I imagine someone could have the technical skills to tweak in a solution or at least add some support for it. I have know idea how to do things like that and no idea where to begin lol

Upvote 0
Yeah I hear that. I didn't do enough research on it to know that was the problem. I really never use my camera, but there has to be something way around the camera problem right? I imagine someone could have the technical skills to tweak in a solution or at least add some support for it. I have know idea how to do things like that and no idea where to begin lol
Yep camera don't work, all the development for CM is on XDA. There isn't anybody on AF yet, as far as I know.
The kernel needs to be worked on and the camera, plus a few other "minor" things.
Unless we get some serious players, custom roms will be limited to what we have now (@SuperR deodexed rom)

Upvote 0
I see what you mean. I'm sure over time these things will become available. On a side note. Could you point me in the direction of some reading that will help me develop customisations for our ROM? Like the download you did? I would love to learn more about how to become a "serious player" even if it takes a lot of research and trial and error. I'm willing to work at development for this device in anyway I can. It's a fantastic running device for a good price.

Upvote 0
I see what you mean. I'm sure over time these things will become available. On a side note. Could you point me in the direction of some reading that will help me develop customisations for our ROM? Like the download you did? I would love to learn more about how to become a "serious player" even if it takes a lot of research and trial and error. I'm willing to work at development for this device in anyway I can. It's a fantastic running device for a good price.
It depends on what you want to do.I really can only suggest doing google searches with specific keywords in ("*"). I find things on other devices and see how they can be implemented. When you come up with an idea, ask for input. There are so many different things to try, its up to your imagination.

Reactions: CommandTheREAPER
Upvote 0

i found this i think it might be able to help you.

http://xda-university.com/

Upvote 0

That is a good link, as well as Android Forums plus 20 others. Without knowing what type of things they want to accomplish, recommending websites becomes too vague. [Besides don't send them off site when there is plenty of info to start with here. ;) . Just kidding]

Upvote 0

Thanks I appreciate it. What I mean is mostly having a completely custom experience or at least the option to, without slowing anything down or going to far away from what the ROM is like after being debloated. It's already a pretty fast and responsive system. The battery life is good too. I would like to see some changes in the layout make things tie together a little eaiser with more customized options. There needs to be a fix for the SD card thing.. Unless I uninstal things I can't do large downloads. It would be awesome to be able to download directly to external sd, and have apps there that still function as though they are in internal.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
Thanks I appreciate it. What I mean is mostly having a completely custom experience or at least the option to, without slowing anything down or going to far away from what the ROM is like after being debloated. It's already a pretty fast and responsive system. The battery life is good too. I would like to see some changes in the layout make things tie together a little eaiser with more customized options. There needs to be a fix for the SD card thing.. Unless I uninstal things I can't do large downloads. It would be awesome to be able to download directly to external sd, and have apps there that still function as though they are in internal.
Look at @SuperR posts, he's got a sd card fix.

Upvote 0
Screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-03-21-17-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-03-21-17-28.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: zixxorb
Upvote 0
Indeed. With a 32gb SD card and 10gb partitioned for apps, I'll be good for a bit.

My only issue is that updating apps some times breaks the app and I have to reinstall the app. Also some apps just don't work if linked (ie periscope and tumblr)
The link2sd is smoother in operation. If you decide to switch, just install it and recreate mounts (nothing special). Everything will be there.
Sending you a PM

Upvote 0
@zixxorb I haven't has a single issue with link2sd. I'm using 16 fb card with 5.5gb ext4. I have over 160 user apps, all of which are linked. I also use take the /storage/emulated/0/android/obb and move them to external sd. Look at photos. I'm only using 517mb on internal!!!! I have Bard's Tale (1.5gb) and a couple of other large apps, all running great.
I also use My Android Tools by Wanqi, for major control. Nothing runs in the background, unless I let it. Then I top it all off with AdAway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-04-10-57-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-10-57-33.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2015-10-04-10-57-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-10-57-40.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones