Cyanogenmod Nightlies out for T-Mobile's Galaxy S4

1. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Advertisement
    reilus likes this.
  2. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for one of three things:

1. Something that will allow me to reset the flash count so it won't void my warranty.
    2. A Samsung update that fixes the wifi issues and other issues.
    3. A CM10 build that does what Samsung hasn't.
  3. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

The was an update waiting in my notification bar this am. Maybe this is to fix your Wifi issues. I haven't experienced any of them myself.
    reilus likes this.
  4. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

I'm testing that now. I just saw the update this morning. =)
  5. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

Anyone using the latest 4.3 from CM? I was using it on my old S3 & it was great
  6. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

I'm using the latest nightly and it is working great, I haven't had any issues but I just flashed it yesterday.
    jtw1216 likes this.
  7. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I thought flash count does not get tripped if you custom recovery flash rom! If you Odin rom it will trip the count. Is that no longer true?
  8. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure thats true!
    Odin flashes counter, flashing recovery will not.
  9. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Given that this is true I don't really understand why not try the rom?
  10. maus421

maus421 Well-Known Member

It might have just been me, but I tried to install it and it kept failing. I tried two different versions, a stable version and a nightly. I just stuck with the Google Edition ROM, by Mr. Virginia. I loved CM on my S3 (until it kept rebooting) but I've been okay without it so far.
  11. maus421

maus421 Well-Known Member

Oh, and you guys shouldn't trip about the flash count. If you make a backup after rooting, when you wanna reset everything, just restore the backup, use TriangleAway before removing the root, and the flash count will be at 0 and it won't say "custom" on the status.

(I had to replace my S4 'cause ever since I bought it, it would reboot for no reason. I thought that if I flashed a different ROM on it, it would stop, but it didn't.)
    mike28 likes this.