Cyanogenmod tweaking

1. polarbehr

polarbehr Well-Known Member

I was playing around with my settings in cyanogenmod and went back to the stock theme. How do I change the bar at the very top of my phone?
    As you can see from the first pic I was able to do it the other day, but now for the life of me i can't figure out how to do it. In the second shot you can see that it is still black. Help please.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You're obviously running FroShedYo. Gak, just looking at those two screens I see why I can't use that build. Unreadable text in the dock, rather than icons? And that terrible app list icon in the middle of the dock? That's just for starters ...

What happens when you settings->CyanogenMod Settings->User Interface->Tweaks extras->Reset UI tweaks to default?
  3. polarbehr

Well that did exactly what I thought it would and put everything back to black. Yes it is FroShedYo v10. I kinda like the app button but do agree about the other shortcuts on the dock.
  4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I think the text looks cool, but it's too hard to read for us folks who are over ummm... well, 39. :) You can change the icons to the standard icons though, so that makes it workable for me (I just flashed FroShedYo V10 this morning to give it a try).

Polarbehr I believe you're looking for menu > settings > cyanogenmod settings > user interface > notifications colors > custom notification bar
    polarbehr likes this.
  5. polarbehr

That did right there. I am not that much younger than you actually, it just had never occurred to me that I could change those icons as well. Now they are proper icons! I dropped FroShedYo on here the other day after playing with Nonsensikal for a few hours and not liking it. I will be using this rom for quite some time.

I really love being able to tweak each little thing to my liking, and since i have the attention span of a squirrel on meth i am always changing things up. Any one know where i can get some icon packs?
  6. Podivin

7. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Here's a question from someone............well over 50.:eek: Can I change the indvidual colors in the notification bar. How do I get the temp and the battery status like the screen shot. And lastly how do I get different screens.
  8. Podivin

Bobcat I'm not sure I understand all of your questions.
    Let's start with the last one - how do you get different screens - don't know what you're asking there.

Battery status color is under menu > settings > cyanogenmod settings > user interface > status bar > battery percentage and battery percentage color. I've messed with those setting a lot and couldn't get a color that I could consistently read without reading glasses. I could never find a color that contrasted with both the 'full' battery color and the 'empty' battery color. So I broke down and downloaded BattStat from the market and put it's widget on my home screen. Much easier to read!

Some items on the status bar will allow you to change their color. Play around in the area that I sent you to above, and also in the 'notifications' settings which is on the same menu as 'status bar'. There are LOTS of things to play with under CyanogenMod settings, you'll want to spend some time there.

Last, I don't see a temperature in the notification bar in the pics above, so I'm assuming you're looking at the 1x1 widget on his home screen. I couldn't say for sure which widget that is, there are plenty to choose from. Personally I use Weatherbug for my weather widget. I use a 2x1 widget it has a 1x1 widget also.

And lastly, I've found that my eyes prefer a vanilla theme over a custom theme. I believe the devs are enough years younger than us that they don't yet have to think about how easy something is to read and can still just think about whether or not it looks cool. :)
  9. Bob Cat

I may have meant to say themes instead of sceens. The other thing is in the bottom right screen ( charge %,volt and temp ).
  10. Podivin

Ah, themes does make more sense than screens. :)
    I've only every downloaded and installed one theme, I found it on XDA. I suspect that a google search of 'xda froyo theme' would probably get you some hits.
    BTW, the one theme I have caused FroShedYo V10 to not boot, I had to pull the battery to regain control of the phone. So be sure you have a nand backup before you try flashing a new theme.

I'm don't recognize that particular battery widget, hopefully polarbehr will drop back by here and tell you which one it is.
  11. Bob Cat

I looked up battstat and there's two of them and one has a question mark on it. That's the one.:)
  12. polarbehr

sorry been away for a couple days the widget/app you are looking for is Bat Stat
  13. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Just switch to ADW Launcher, thats what I did on froshedyo v10
  14. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

Well for all the old guys ITT...the bar at the bottom of LauncherPro allows you to use whatever icons you want. The text icons are very popular, but you can change them very easily back to OEM icons with a push and hold...also, to make them better to read, you can put a better dock background in there as well. So your complaints about that ROM are things that can all be changed from within LauncherPro. You can change the app list too.
  15. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yep, I know how LPP works, and I have tried changing them the half-hour that I tried FroShedYo. However, the "stock" LauncherPro icons that Workshed supplies on the SD card do not quite match real stock LauncherPro - they are not quite the same. (Or, at least they weren't when I tried it last.)

Whatever, he supplies a vanilla, so I could just go with that. The thing is that he's using stock CyanogenMod - just like Conap - and he's using Conap's vendor tree, and Conap's kernel (though one version behind, I think). So I'll just use CELB.

"old guys", huh? ;) I'm old enough to remember when people did stuff like this:

Code (Text):
    1. prompt $e[36;47m$p$g
    (That old prompt trick changed DOS to use cyan text on a magenta background, rather than the default white on black, from that point on. When CGA monitors came out people did stuff like that. There was a way to make blinking text, too - I think that would have been $e[3d;47m - anyway, either one of those was ten times worse than FroShedYo.)
  16. Podivin

lol @ Doogald. You remember when CGA monitors came out (as do I), that DOES make you an old guy! As I recall you and I are the same age, or so close it doesn't make any difference. And I remember playing DOS prompt games too. A popular one was always "C:\ Formatting hard drive, please wait..." :eek:

I was selling computers back when XT and AT meant something, and you could tell the difference between the two by the color of the drive faceplates.
    Now we have more computing power in our phones than the most powerful home computer of the time. It doesn't SEEM that long ago, but I guess it's been about 50 generations in computer time. :)
  17. Bob Cat

Well the first computer I used was the size of a large gun safe and used a teletype with a tape reader. Our programs were on ticker tape.:eek::D

What was a personal computer:D