[CyanogenMod] Two questions

1. Winfried

Winfried Well-Known Member

Hello

I moved my Galaxy Nexus from stock Android to Cyanogenmod a few months ago, and have a couple of questions:

1. How can I configure web browsers to use a local web proxy (Privoxy)? None of the three browsers (no-name default, Chrome, Dolphin) offer a proxy feature

2. There are some issues I have with Cyanogenmod that give me second-thoughts: Is it possible to go back to standard Android?
    Originally, I moved because GPS was supposed to work better, but it's not obvious and Cyanogenmod has some issues (random reboots; can no longer send MMS messages.)

Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You can certainly go back to vanilla android, or a custom ROM based on it. Best place to ask for advice would be the GNex section of AF (or the All Things Root section - whichever of the three is best for your device version). If you took a nandroid backup before installing CM (which you should really always do before flashing a ROM) then just restore it and you are back to stock (just back up your apps/data first, as you'll restore the old data as well, so will want to use a backup of the current data to update them).

I don't know about proxy support because I've never done that myself, sorry.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Standard Android practice is to set the proxy up in the Wifi connection, not the browser. That way, all your internet traffic can make use of the proxy.
    tube517 likes this.
  4. Winfried

Winfried Well-Known Member

Thanks for the infos. Since I almost always browse the web through 3G, I'm looking for a proxy that would work with 3G and wifi. I'll look around.
  5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

Winfried, if you let us know which carrier you're using we can move this thread to its dedicated All Things Root board for better help.

Meanwhile, I've moved this to the Galaxy Nexus board.