CyanogenMod update?

Last Updated:

1. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had the update notification pop up and was wondering if I'll have to wipe data/cache again when I click the upgrade button?

As it is my first update since I have rooted I am weary. I also have the Watermark'd theme installed what will happen to this whenever I update?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

For your theme, I dunno if it will work. Sometimes, upgrading to a newer version raises compatibility issues.

And as for wiping, it's always good to do one regardless. CM always gives me issues if I don't wipe before installing it.

3. jevfr

jevfr Active Member

You shouldn't have to wipe just to update. What version of cm are you running? I'd try without wiping first and your theme probably won't work. I'm assuming you're running a rc build and are upgrading to cm 6.0.0 because that's the latest release. If that's the case then there is a watermark'd theme available for it and it's as awesome as you would expect.

4. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

RC3 is the actual version that I am currently running. I'll just Back-Up my current rom and jump into trying our the new one.

5. jevfr

jevfr Active Member

I'm running cm6 now and it's rock solid. 928 made a good point in one of his posts over on DF. He commented on the size of cm6 and he would remove the cmwallpaper apk to clear up some space because his full theme wasn't showing up when flashed. I had this problem with his but not with watermark'd. If you notice the theme not showing up fully, try to removing the cmwallpaper.apk in system/app. It'll clear up @ 10mb.