Cyanogenmod update

Last Updated:

1. Arty

Arty Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if I'd have to do a full wipe to update from an older version of Cyanogenmod (I think it's 8.15 or something along those lines) to the current 6.0.0?

Advertisement
  2. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

I didn't when I flashed from the 9/18 and the install went fine. Just wipe your cache and Dalvik cache and you should be OK

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

+1

4. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

how do you wipe your cache aside from wiping the dalvik cache? or are these the same?

5. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

boot into recovery, in the main menu, click the home icon on your phone, there will be a something along the lines of "clear cache" (thats the obvious one). then scroll down to "advanced" and there will be an option to "clear Davlik".

Also, while clearing cache is always a great idea, theres been a few times that I forgot to do it and just flashed the new nightly for CM6, and ive never noticed much of any difference in how my phone ran. Long story short, do it if you remember, if you forget, its not the end of the world (or even the end of your phone, haha)

6. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

+1

The only thing that is a little confusing about is when you wipe your cache you will get a confirmation the operation is completed. When you wipe the Dalvik, you do not get a confirmation.

7. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

yea thats funny, i actually didnt notice that till yesterday. As long as you click to do it, chances are its clear.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

As long as you hit yes, it does wipe Davlik