• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod7 and Swype?

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
New York City, NY
Hey all,

I am brand new to cyanogen, and loving it. Just flashed cm7 yesterday.

I downloaded Swype and it works well for the most part EXCEPT when I make a mistake on a word, normally double tapping on the word pulls up the word choice window where I can usually find the correct word. However, with CM7 the double tap feature does not work. Was wondering if this is a known issue and if there are any fixes.

On a side note, when I open up handcent CM gives me a little arrow pointing at the text box. I'm quite certain I'd be able to find the text box without the arrow, anyway to get rid of that?
Thanks!

JS

Yeah. I have the problem with Swype but this is how i get around it. Do it a few times and it forms a habit ha. Tap the word once then press the swype button.

Thanks.

Hard to get used to but I guess I'll get there, as long as this is a known issue... not sure if the issue is with Swype or CM - either way nothing I can do about it..

Upvote 0
Also, it seems as though even though my auto sync is ON, I for NOT seem to be getting my emails unless I go into my Gmail and press menu>refresh.

Thoughts?

I also noticed, that when I wake my phone... even though I am home and my wifi is on, and the wifi on the phone is on.. the phone is on 3G and after a moment or two it turns on the Wifi.

so weird..

I had a friend send me an email.. that was at 10:22 PM, it is currently 10:55 PM and my phone has still not notified me that I have a new email!!!! GRRR

Upvote 0
I also noticed, that when I wake my phone... even though I am home and my wifi is on, and the wifi on the phone is on.. the phone is on 3G and after a moment or two it turns on the Wifi.

so weird..

I had a friend send me an email.. that was at 10:22 PM, it is currently 10:55 PM and my phone has still not notified me that I have a new email!!!! GRRR

I could be wrong, but I believe CM7 has a Wifi sleep setting that, by default, turns the wifi off if your phone is asleep. I don't have CM7 running currently, but somewhere in the settings you should be able to change this behavior.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones