Cyanogenmod7 and Swype?

Last Updated:

1. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I am brand new to cyanogen, and loving it. Just flashed cm7 yesterday.

I downloaded Swype and it works well for the most part EXCEPT when I make a mistake on a word, normally double tapping on the word pulls up the word choice window where I can usually find the correct word. However, with CM7 the double tap feature does not work. Was wondering if this is a known issue and if there are any fixes.

On a side note, when I open up handcent CM gives me a little arrow pointing at the text box. I'm quite certain I'd be able to find the text box without the arrow, anyway to get rid of that?
    Thanks!

JS

Advertisement
  2. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

Also, it seems as though even though my auto sync is ON, I for NOT seem to be getting my emails unless I go into my Gmail and press menu>refresh.

Thoughts?
  3. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have the problem with Swype but this is how i get around it. Do it a few times and it forms a habit ha. Tap the word once then press the swype button.
    JSS12 likes this.
  4. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Hard to get used to but I guess I'll get there, as long as this is a known issue... not sure if the issue is with Swype or CM - either way nothing I can do about it..
  5. JSS12

JSS12 Well-Known Member

I also noticed, that when I wake my phone... even though I am home and my wifi is on, and the wifi on the phone is on.. the phone is on 3G and after a moment or two it turns on the Wifi.

so weird..

I had a friend send me an email.. that was at 10:22 PM, it is currently 10:55 PM and my phone has still not notified me that I have a new email!!!! GRRR
  6. BlankDEP

BlankDEP Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe CM7 has a Wifi sleep setting that, by default, turns the wifi off if your phone is asleep. I don't have CM7 running currently, but somewhere in the settings you should be able to change this behavior.