• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Cyanoid 4.0.1 final Link

Playing around with the status bar lol :D

Attachments

• 1362609138002.jpg
    1362609138002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
PLEEEAAASE! Somebody theme this. Ya lazy bastards (just kidding, I would try it myself, but I have no clue where to start and these babies sure don't help lol). This ROM rocks. But I can only get so far with "rom tool box" in terms of themes. . Does anybody know how to find the notification drop down mod that everybody is sticking on their roms (like in noob)? If I could get that going I would be pretty happy.

I think something universally appealing in terms of a theme would be awesome. I really Like how CTmod look with it's transparency and the warpcream theme add on. Something along the lines of that would be nice. Simple minimal and clean.

Upvote 0
What do you guys think would happen if I flashed the noob stock theme recovery (from the warpcream nb theme thread) over this rom? In theory (from my poor knowledge) it would just change the frameworks res apk right? It wouldn't do anything like hard brick my phone would it?

I've never tried something like that:thinking: Sounds like a risk!! Be carefull!!
But if you get brave and do it, let us know if it works, I dont know if it will or not:thinking:

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
PLEEEAAASE! Somebody theme this. Ya lazy bastards (just kidding, I would try it myself, but I have no clue where to start and these babies sure don't help lol). This ROM rocks. But I can only get so far with "rom tool box" in terms of themes. . Does anybody know how to find the notification drop down mod that everybody is sticking on their roms (like in noob)? If I could get that going I would be pretty happy.

I think something universally appealing in terms of a theme would be awesome. I really Like how CTmod look with it's transparency and the warpcream theme add on. Something along the lines of that would be nice. Simple minimal and clean.

Have you tried UOT Kitchen yet for theming? Pretty simple to use.

Upvote 0

Theres really no way to make a "universally appealing" theme. That's why we have UOT Kitchen and Theme Chooser on the AOSP ROMs :D you can try taking png's from other roms that you like, like I did with my Warp(though I used one of I2f's themes as a base). We can help with your theming if you like :D

Reactions: Doc and LilBit
Upvote 0
Theres really no way to make a "universally appealing" theme. That's why we have UOT Kitchen and Theme Chooser on the AOSP ROMs :D you can try taking png's from other roms that you like, like I did with my Warp(though I used one of I2f's themes as a base). We can help with your theming if you like :D

Very cool man........;)

Reactions: Skinnyjeans21
Upvote 0

Please do! UOT kitchen has been down for a while now and I don't see it coming back on for a little bit. Ninjamorph is cumbersome. The status bar FC like crazy anytime you do ANYTHING. I have literally decompiled, and recompiled an untouched systemUI apk as well as framework-res apk just to see what would happen. Does not matter if I zip-align or not, and I am in debug mode and everything.

I think universally appealing is easy to achieve with simple minimal theming. Just something halfway transparent black, light grey text and details, keep the colors consistent throughout the whole UI, get rid of all the crazy icons and just replace them with something sleek and static. Mr. bobo hit the nail on the head with his theming in n00b and CTmod noobed. So did warpcream sandwhich. I think the best look is CTmod noobed with the warpcream theme on top. Transparent, one color splash throughout and very minimal. People can do what ever crazy stuff they want with launchers. Can't we just take Mr. Bobos them and stick it on top? That's what I have been trying to do, but it's near impossible to decipher with ninja morph what breaks what. Picking singular elements one at a time through the interface of a zte warp is not exactly my cup of tea. One would need at least 10 kkilos of meth to get through that without UOT. I don't know how you people do it, but props for all that work and no pay...

Don't mean to gripe or anything. I wish I had more free hands, but I have been trying to dev a theme against my better judgement with a single thumb (kids lol).

Upvote 0
I'm giving ninjamorph one more shot, then I'm done trying this until UOT is back up. I think a lot of people like this rom but are kind of ambivalent towards the theme. It's not ugly, but rather so unique that it would far fetched that too many people would be into it. I personally think this is the best running rom side by side with noob. This kernel is sick! While one could just DL alien kernel, this one is modded heavily, but stable as hell. Everything on it is consistent and solid. It's almost flawless.

It's like a cheech and chong pimped out pinto with a BMW engine underneath.

It's a poor abandoned child, and we must save it.

I would love to run this with a simple minimal theme until JB comes out.

Upvote 0
Ok have you tried getting ahold of one of the dev to see if they can get you a link.....

It's down for everybody. They are updating from what I understand, and everybody else who is trying to get ahold of the devs are getting no response.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in ninjamorph. I have taken the drawable hdpi folders from systemui and framework-res from bobos rom and merged them into the same folders for cyanoid so i could have a basis to start from. Everything themes the way it should and looks good but the bar just fc no matter what.

Upvote 0
I'm running it right now and it's very smooth... no crashes... everything seems to function on my phone the way it should. I would know what the max CPU settings recommended would be... in fact I would love to hear a recommendation of what settings they use on the CPU master.

The maximum "safe" setting according to the manufacturer is 1.4GHz. Personally, I've run mind for months at 1.8GHz, though, and noticed no adverse effects.

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
It's down for everybody. They are updating from what I understand, and everybody else who is trying to get ahold of the devs are getting no response.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in ninjamorph. I have taken the drawable hdpi folders from systemui and framework-res from bobos rom and merged them into the same folders for cyanoid so i could have a basis to start from. Everything themes the way it should and looks good but the bar just fc no matter what.

Its not just a matter of merging the folders and being done with it. From experience, I know that some roms have different names for the same icons, or they have more or less pngs than others (usually not that many differences). Try making only a few changes at a time, trust me it'll be worth it even if doing it this way takes a long time. If everything looks good and it still fc's, then maybe try to go back to the unchanged framework-res and systemui and see if there are still any problems?

Upvote 0
Its not just a matter of merging the folders and being done with it. From experience, I know that some roms have different names for the same icons, or they have more or less pngs than others (usually not that many differences). Try making only a few changes at a time, trust me it'll be worth it even if doing it this way takes a long time. If everything looks good and it still fc's, then maybe try to go back to the unchanged framework-res and systemui and see if there are still any problems?

Yeah- that's what I have been doing. Small batches. It's coming along, this paired with vst and a little scripting, and I should have a theme banged out in the next week or two hopefully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones