Cyan's 1.4 Recovery Image Console/ADB

Last Updated:

1. wbexpress

wbexpress Member This Topic's Starter

HI all, I haven't visited for some time, having some issues that I think are mostly known but I can't get any straight answers. I just got a MyTouch, and I immediately rooted it with the Unlockr method a few days back. Flashed my favorite ROM (JACx), went to snoop around in the Amon Ra recovery image and literally nothing except the ROM flash worked. Everything said "aborted", and, there's no console. I just figured out how to flash Cyan's 1.4 recovery image back, which I am more familiar with and always did it's thing well. However, as I had heard and have now experienced, the console is not useable because there is no way to open any of the keyboards. So, I think the only way to get to the functions that will allow me to do things like modify & verify the partition sizes is to install ADB. I figured out how to do so with the G1 fairly easily, but as I understand it's different now, with the advent of Cupcake. So, the 2 questions are: is there a workaround to actually get to the Console, and, does anyone have a link to a clear guide on how to get ADB working for MyTouch's? Thanks to any & all.

Advertisement